15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 2001 SE/PP and here is a list of problems I have had so far:

Airbag light blinks
Passenger airbag cover coming off
Blinkers don't spring back into place after turning
Rear bumper falling off
Engine light blinks
High pitched humming noise coming from what seems to be the windsheild at speed above 80mph
Front passenger parking light is out and has condensation getting in
Pulls to the right so hard that I have to literally PULL on the wheels to straighten it out
PLUS I was one of the lucky ones with the recall.

I don't know what to do, I bought the best warrenty when I bought the car, but I'm not sure how much of the above is covered. I called the dealer for a little clearification several times but I keep getting put off with the typical, "He's busy right now, can I have him call you back later." I'm damn near the end of my rope with this one. At this rate the Spec-V is looking less and less appealing to me.
Ah well, any advice would be most graciously appreciated!

TIA!

:D

·
Registered
142 Posts
dang... I guess it was Cinco de mayo in Mexico when they assembled your car!
When talking to dealer you should act like you know that everything is covered under warranty.. don't let them hear your voice in doubt or else they'll make you pay... Next time operator hangs up on you tell them you'r next call will be to Customer Protection Bureau...

G

·
1. The airbag light will come on when you start the car. It is doing a self test. if it is staying on, you have a problem.

2. The passenger airbag covers just do that. There is a simple fix that your dealer can do.

3. The blinkers should automatically shut off after doing a turn. If it is a shallow turn, it may not be sufficient to get them to shut off. If they don't turn off no matter what your doing, there is a problem. Again, warranty.

4. What is wrong with your rear bumper? Is it bulging on the sides?

5. Engine light blinks. Have you checked your fuel filler cap? If it is not properly tightened, the CEL will come on. If it is still on, see a dealer about it.

6. The noise is probably from the windshield molding...especially if it only does it at speed. There is a fix for that too. Common problem.

7. The condensation is probably the result of a leak. The housing should be replaced under warranty. Also, check the rear of the housing to be sure the light sockets are securely fastened.

8. Does it pull right under acceleration only? If so, that is torque steer. it plauges ALL FWD cars. Nothing you can do about it really.

9. Recalls are recalls. Just be lucky you don't own a Focus. I believe they have had roughly 12-14 recalls. We have 1.

·
Bow to your SE GOD
4,702 Posts
Don't let them walk all over you! I've written letters to Nissan North America, and Nissan Canada- they did'nt do anything, but at least they have record of my complaints. Do everything in your power to f___ them. I am 1 step away from standing on the lot on a bust Saturday, in order to let potential customers know what they can expect for customer service!!! (try that one- just the threat has worked so far)

·
Registered
250 Posts
Hmm... are you sure you didn't accidentally purchase a Hyundai Elantra with the Sentra Appearance Package?

Seriously, get on your dealers's case for getting those problems fixed. If they do not do that to your absolute satisfaction, call Nissan Consumer Affairs at 1-800-NISSAN1.

Good luck!

DL

·
Registered
92 Posts
my parents 1995 Quest had an airbag light that blinked but were told it was just a faulty dash light that the airbag still worked
would still have this car but at 55K the tranny died along with about 20 other devices shuch as the fuel pump and an intake valve, that goddness for that extended warrenty they bought :D

now on their 2000 Quest the break light indicator does that it comes on for no reason then goes off

Maybe it's just a nissan thing :D

·
Registered
67 Posts
hmmmm maybe your car fell off the delivery truck :D

not trying to sound like an *** but you cant tell me you didnt notice any of those things when you test drove the car.

·
Registered
560 Posts
maxximtl:
while torque steer does plague most FWD cars, the ones with intermediate shaft (equal length axles) are free from it. SE is set up this way, so we get a better end of it.

·
Premium Member
5,879 Posts
My rear bumper is really, really, loose. It looks like a bunch of those clip in bolts had fallen out. I'm taking it to Nissan today to get it fixed, covered of course.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys.

The my bymper is doing the same thing as yours, trance34.
As far as the torque steer, it can't be that. It's doing it all of the time. Whether I am speeding up or slowing down. I'm actually on hold again with the dealership as I write this message.
Getting the run around again. They just leave me on hold and pick up every once in a while and ask, "Who are you holding for?"

I think that's it. I'm gonna go down there and talk to someone, there's no where to hide then. What a joke.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts