B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i found it for 145 shipped is that a goood price? how is it those who have it you like it, is it louder? do you feel any gains?

·
Registered
60 Posts
I know I wont be the only one to say this, but dont get a short ram. Save up the couple more bux and buy the full CAI replacement it is so much more worth the money, the gains are so much better overall.

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
You could probably find a full cai for a little bit more.

positives - no worry of hydrolocking the motor, but that is very rare
- It's a bit louder than a cai

negatives - no gains really at all
- waste of money

·
Red Beard Innovations
1,146 Posts
specVracing said:
You could probably find a full cai for a little bit more.

positives - no worry of hydrolocking the motor, but that is very rare
- It's a bit louder than a cai

negatives - no gains really at all
- waste of money
from what I have heard, there is no real difference between the two. The difference in the air temp is like just a few degrees. The hp difference being maybe 1 hp.

·
Banned
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i live is sofla i have got water in my cold air about 5 times now no problems jus not starting for a while and wont rev past 2k rpm so yea im either getting the aem short ram or the weapon r dragon intake

·
Registered
194 Posts
i have the short ram and yeah there is sound difference and i did feel it pull harder and if thats the case just get a heat shield or direct air flow toward it with ac duct and sheet metal

·
Banned
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
anyone havea pic of how a short ram would look in the spec? and if it fits the 02 03 it will fit the 04 rightttttt?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Do just what SpecJoe suggested. I did this about a month ago, and I have felt a small "seat of the pants" increase in power. Before, my car wouldn't chirp third, now I can on a good day.

And don't even spend the $140 or whatever. Get a flange for a 240sx, buy a K&N cone filter and build yourseld one. It'll cost you like $70-$80 CDN. Just my $.02 worth.

Oh yeah, and the sound is just killer.

·
Registered
26 Posts
i have short ram and would recommend it, even if its like 3whp less than a CAI you wont feel a difference, and you dont have to worry about hydrolock :) so thats good, and it sounds really mean, i have nismo header and apexi ws2 exhaust and like 80% of the time i hear the intake over exhaust it sounds really good, would def. recomend

·
Registered
194 Posts
yeah and when you gun it you can hear the air whistle over the butterfly valve and its a loud whistle

·
Registered
90 Posts
Check out AEM mine was just over $200.00, I had a Tenzo short ram for awhile but I only paid $35.00 for the cone and adapter plate. So like every one else here is saying go with the true CAI

1 - 12 of 12 Posts