B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,

so finally Iam doing my very first mod to my 03 spec.....AEM CAI...chrome one....Lordco is charging me $285 and I looked into garage 5 for installation...man they charging me $100 for installation....isnt that too much...I do know u have to shave something off to fit....I just dont have time to do it myself due to my full time job and school on the side....... :eek:

do u guys know anyone else could do it for cheaper......

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
REN said:
hey guys,

so finally Iam doing my very first mod to my 03 spec.....AEM CAI...chrome one....Lordco is charging me $285 and I looked into garage 5 for installation...man they charging me $100 for installation....isnt that too much...I do know u have to shave something off to fit....I just dont have time to do it myself due to my full time job and school on the side....... :eek:

Man that is alot of money for an install of an intake :eek: , but I guess if you don't have time, you have no choice. I just installed an Intake on a buddies car last night for a few beers while we were working..its only about a 30 minute Job as long as you have a jack and stand to take of the wheel..got any friends that can help you out for a couple beers? ;)
late
D

·
Registered
201 Posts
hey ren if u live in surrey ill do it for 40bux. i have all the tools and stuff. its a really easy job. took me 20mins to put it in but becuz of the grinding the fender wall it took me 30-40mins.

·
Registered
48 Posts
REN said:
hey guys,

do it yourself man...i did it myself and it only took me 3 hours and i was drunk and im not very mechanically inclined

and that includes the time that i took going to lordco to buy nuts and bolts to replace the ones i broke.

·
<< MiSo, on theVboard >>
357 Posts
intake was my very first mod and the first time i ever installed a car part. took me two hours. you dont really have to shave anything. i took pliers and bended the metal where the pipe goes thru. its not very hard, many ppl bend rather than shave. all you have to do is put weather stripping in the well so that the intake does not contact the metal (so no banging sound can be heard)

save yourself the money and get some experience.
i'm proud to say all the work done on my car was done by myself.
its not hard at all. its one of the easiest mods to do.
all you need is a socket set, pliers, and weather stripping.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
aem cai

I installled it myself on saturday....It took me about couple of hours due to the fact I did not have proper tools... :eek: I also bend the metal back for the down pipe....Hey what did u guys do with that one tube that does not connect anywhere.....small one....

But I do like my very first mod.......I did drive my car and did feel a better pull through all gears...... :D and ohh yeh way better than stock put me to sleep sound.......

guess exhaust and headers next.........can someone loan me some money please....... :p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts