B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
No more Spec
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I was out washing the Spec and when I was cleaning under the hood and checking the oil when I come to notice that the little bracket extension that AEBS sent out to space the alternator out from the header tube WAS BROKEN RIGHT IN HALF!!! I made up my own new bracket out of a piece of steel which is 100 times stronger than the POS cast aluminum piece AEBS sent out. Just thought I would warn you guys. You might want to go check yours.
Heres a pic of the bracket:

·
3.5 PWN3S JOOH!
1,073 Posts
you have the worst luck i tell ya.
what do they call that, pouris metal?

·
No more Spec
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tell me about it man. Its like AEBS hates me.:) Oh well it was an easy fix I'm just glad I saw it. I didnt notice it when I dynoed last week so I'm not really sure when it broke. I'm sure it wont happen again. I used a MUCH stronger bracket. Hey I saw your 174whp dyno graph LOL. Did you add a 10 shot w/ that new air filter? :)

·
3.5 PWN3S JOOH!
1,073 Posts
i sat by my bumper with a can of compressed air turned upside down blowing into the foglight hole...dude, it works!

j/k

·
No more Spec
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LOL. Man if we all dynoed on Mustang dynos we would be some happy MoFos. ;)

·
3.5 PWN3S JOOH!
1,073 Posts
btw, i will inform ben about the bracket issue.

you know they even include stainless bolts, and copper nuts now.
because some people (east-coasters) had difficulty removing the older hardware over time.

AEBS is pretty good about fixing the little problems, im sure a steel bracket would be the next step if this became widespread. i didnt even need a spacer, nor do some others. they'll look into it, and im positive...if yours did break, they'd mail you another one.
.37 cents should mail a bracket no problem.

·
No more Spec
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I dont need another bracket. It is taken care of.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts