B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
El Burro
4,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I go bored of my SE rims, which were painted al black originally. I placed with this idea for a while, but never actually decided to follow through with it, untill a couple of weeks ago.

before:

after:

I think it adds a little more flavor to the panited rim :mrgreen:

I've got some other plans for my 15" ones too. I should have them painted in a couple of weeks. ;)

·
Iknowyoulovereadingso..
5,527 Posts
wow that looks pretty sick
thats exactly what the black rims needed..some contrast. i dont mean to rip your originality but how did you do it? i think thats why my rims look kinda crappy lol cuz theres not contrast.

EDIT: your rims look aftermarket now!!

·
Iknowyoulovereadingso..
5,527 Posts
i used spray paint as well but i had been thinkin of sanding em all down and repainting them black cuz my clearcoat got messed up on one of my rims so it throws off the look..when i asked how i meant how did you get the contrast? did you just sand down the outer part of the rim, cover the black parts and spray the outer part silver?

·
Iknowyoulovereadingso..
5,527 Posts
lol. would you mind if i copied your idea lol. the all black looks kinda dull. sometimes it looks like steelies from far lol. i just wanna know how hard it was to make sure the gap was the same all around. like how long did it take to tape off the rims and add the lip? i got an extra $40 bucks layin around that i could spend for paint. i would redo the whole thing. black with silver..you used silver right? was it the duplicolor wheel coating you used? in silver?

maybe ill do mine in graphite with the silver lip

·
El Burro
4,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't know exactly how long it took me to tape off the rims. I think it took me a half a day because I wanted it to be a perfect circle. I used silver paint and a lot of clear coat to make it shiny.

It looks 10x better in person too.

I think the graphite with a polished lip would look pretty awesome too.

·
Iknowyoulovereadingso..
5,527 Posts
i think the hardest part is gonna be gettin that circle to be the same on all of the wheels i was thinking i could also try painting the whole outer part of the rim silver and just leave the spokes black. i don tknow if you could picture it but i will prolly try it.

btw: you have some nice *** pictures..you find the weirdest locations but they turn out good. i love the first pic on here

EDIT: this is what im talkin about..the outside silver and the spokes black

·
El Burro
4,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Nick for the compliment.

Fulish - You're ide ais good, but it might be pretty odd looking, if I'm thinking what you're thinking. Just take you're time with the masking process and the lip shuld turn out fine. ;) Oh and I plan to go back to that place and take some better pictures. It was raining today and I though it'd be pretty slick if I got some pictures in the rain, it didn't turn out too well since I got soaked. I just wish I had a tripod for my camera it would have made things much easier. :(

·
Bringin CA back
1,120 Posts
Damn that looks SO dope...I gotta do that im sorry babygt-r, but that looks too good to be passed up...haha CONGRATS!

·
Registered
214 Posts
really good stuff...
.if i could do that to my wheels, id do it.But its not the same style..theres really no lip to the 04's...

·
I drive way too much
228 Posts
[email protected], you beat me to it!, that looks really hot man, but I'm leaving the center cap silver to match the lip, and going with gunmetal paint for the spokes.

·
El Burro
4,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Damn that's a good idea about the centercaps. The wheels on my car now didn't have the chromed center caps, but I still have the caps from my spec V wheels. Looks like I'll be putting those on now. :D

·
Bringin CA back
1,120 Posts
damn i just can't get enough of this! this is gonna be my new project for a while...babygtr, did u sand at all between coats or did u just straight up paint over the black paint? how many layers of clearcoat did u slap on that ******? thanks

·
El Burro
4,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I painted over the black. First I used primer, then the paint. I put 1 or 2 coats of clearcoat on. I just can't remember.

·
Vibrant Blue Army
1,637 Posts
very nice gtr dude..that looks super clean....props to you for having the idea and the ability to carry it out with those kind of results...

offtopic:...do the 04 tails fit flush with the rear quarter? i remember them sticking out a lttle and not being flush...im thjinking about getting them for the ride.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts