1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
[Lil' John]HUUWWHAAAAAAAAATTT...??!![/Lil' John]

·
Al, The Ignorant Fcuk
9,081 Posts
If the "Trip Computer" (whatever that is) gets its input from your vehicle onboard computer it is ore accurate. If you have a GPS input to the screen it is more accurate than the on board computer. In any event both are more accurate than the normal readout. :)

·
Owner
1,650 Posts
fyi to all b15er's.. Matt doesn't pay attention to his speedo anyway..

·
2busy4b15/but watch it
11,651 Posts
MN01GXE said:
fyi to all b15er's.. Matt doesn't pay attention to his speedo anyway..

true.. i spend most of my time looking 6 cars ahead of where i am or...

... staring at the tachometer as i nail the rev limiter :D

·
Owner
1,650 Posts
[threadjack]

SR20dee said:
true.. i spend most of my time looking 6 cars ahead of where i am or...

... staring at the tachometer as i nail the rev limiter :D
Liar!! You are never looking that far ahead!!

[/threadjack]

·
Banned
3,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
it tells u the avg speed.. so i figure if cruise control is at 74 and i reset the speed the avg. it should be at 74 cuz thats the only speed im going... i was curious because i need to start driving the speed limit maybe 5 over... i cant afford nemore tickets and im prolly getting dropped off the insurance in which case id have to sell the spec... n well i dont want to do that... also i red line 3-4mph over the "max" that the owners manual says

·
Al, The Ignorant Fcuk
9,081 Posts
SE R SpecV OmSi said:
thats good to know^^^ i wonder why my speedo would be off though
Its intentional-probably for liability purposes and to give you a cushion in not getting arrested for speeding. If the spedo didn't have a cushion in it the owners probably could do a class action against the manufacturer for speeding tickets and even accidents caused by excessive speed.

·
Owner
1,650 Posts
adc100 said:
Its intentional-probably for liability purposes and to give you a cushion in not getting arrested for speeding. If the spedo didn't have a cushion in it the owners probably could do a class action against the manufacturer for speeding tickets and even accidents caused by excessive speed.
I don't follow this logic...if the speedo said 75, and I was really doing 75 in a 70, I could sue; but because the speedo says 75, and I am really doing 73 in a 70 they are no longer liable for how hard I push the right pedal?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Have you changed your wheel and tire size?

·
Registered
31 Posts
SE R SpecV OmSi said:
nah im runnin stock everything thats y it confuses me, other then MMI and Exhaust I took my intake off...

Odd then. I'd tend to trust the speedometer more. But that's me.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Do this: Drive along a reset the trip odometer when you hit exactly 0 on the tenths display of the regular odometer (do we have a tenths display?). In a few miles, check if they are the same reading. I'm just wondering if they are.

·
Tired...New Father
1,693 Posts
SR20dee said:
fyi to the earlier model folks.. the 04's have trip computers..
DAMN...I feel jipped...

Well I guess not I do have a granite SE...I'll get over it...LoL :cool:

·
Registered
386 Posts
Whether or not your tires are filled up properly at the correct PSI could have something to do with the difference in speed as well as aftermarket wheels or tires.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it then. It doesn't really matter in the long run. One thingyou could try is driving past one of those police radar machines that shows how fast you are going and see which one of your indicators is correct.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts