B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone been in any car accidents yet with the new body style Sentra? Some 16 yr. old girl that just got her license mashed into the side of my '01 SE last night and knocked me sideways into a curb. I was pretty irritated. The cops came and put her at fault and her insurance co. is paying for everything becuase I am stuck driving a damn rental car for a week now. I now need a new pass. side back door, new rt. front rim, new front bumper.

------------------
2001 Sentra SE Radium w/pp, Pioneer Subs

·
Registered
180 Posts
Be prepared to wait longer than a week :(

------------------
Black 2K SE+PP

·
Registered
297 Posts
damn that sucks, so far all I have is a couple of clear coat scratches and a also my hood and front bumper are pretty scratched and dented up from this pick-up I hit because a person in fron of the truck made an illegal turn. By the time I noticed, I saw the brake lights of the silver pick-up, and smoke coming out of the back tires, and I was like fockkkkkkk!! I knew it was too late, I hit the truck going like 12mph which is kinda hard, actually the car held up pretty well, only clear coat scratches, maybe 2 1inch dents, a small dent on the hood and thats about it, I think the hood is misaligned a bit, and the front bumper pushed in some, I am getting a CF hood to fix the hood problem, and I am getting my front end custom made and painted. Oh well, pulleys and SS brake lines will have to wait till at least my B-Day in October.

------------------
formerly known as JCGator42, 2k1 Nissan Sentra SE w/PP mods: Cold Air Intake by Hotshot, and Stromung Cat-Back Exhaust(on its way over here), and Unorthodox Underdrive 4 pulley set(in a couple of weeks) [email protected]

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I found my car in my parking spot with damage to the same side as yours. Someone had hit my front right fender, door, and bumper. Now I have to get a new fender, pound the door out and refinish it which will take a whole day, and buff out the paint in the bumper. My auto body shop told me it would take a week. You should expect longer the way it sounds to me.

At least you know who did it, I have to pay a 250 deductible to get it fixed. And I don't get a free rental. Doesn't it just piss you off!

------------------
2000 Sentra SE PP Black 5 spd
Just got hit and have to get a new fender!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Everybody is right, be prepared to wait at least a week. The dealers won't have the parts on hand and will have to order them. I'll get my 00 gxe back from the dealer tomorrow, i took a corner in new orleans at about 65 mph and lost control. now, i'm not blaming the road, but there was a whole lot of debris on it. anyway, i hit the front right tire and did nominal amounts of damage to the bumper. I broke the control arm, inner and outer tie rod and bent the rim. those damn gxe alloys are 300 a piece (with tires) but all in all, total price is $1649.70. nissan has had it since last wednesday. i can't wait to drive it again.

G

·
I hit a tree doing dounughts in a parking lot only bent the lisence plate and broke one of those things inbetween the grill lines

------------------
all your base are belong to us

·
Registered
75 Posts
sorry to hear about your sentra pls1726

it's never gonna be the same you know... :(

MY Lude got hit on the side when it was parked downstairs of my gf's apartment's parking lot. Yah, it's a sh*tty place (but clsoe to the University where we attend), anyway... it looks like someone was trying to back in, the corner of the bumper made a huge ****ing dent on the door, now I gotta get it fixed before I return it back to the dealer in 2 months as my lease is up *DOH*
Crappy people driving big huge cars (when they can't even handle them). I'm still pissed even if it happened 3 months ago, and I don't wanna spend money on fixing that (but I guess I have to eventually)

I hope I'll have better luck when I get my sentra in June

------------------
Jay
1997 Honda Prelude Type S
Getting a Sentra SE Sport soon!

·
Registered
23 Posts
i'm waiting on my ride down to the dealership right now. all in all, it was a 10 day wait. they say you can't tell where the damage was now that they've fixed it. i bet i can. hope you guys get yours fixed soon

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think I got off pretty well actually. I work at a Nissan Dealership, and I had an Enterprise loaner car two days after the accident. My car has been in the body shop since Friday and work began on it yesterday. There was about $1500 worth of body damage which didn't seem all that bad. These things do hold up pretty well when they are hit.

------------------
2001 Sentra SE Radium w/pp, Pioneer Subs

1 - 10 of 10 Posts