B15 Sentra Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

· OT Whore
22,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 · (Edited)
mumra said:
18ga. seems too thin with a lot of power going to your speakers. I would use the thicker stuff. At least 16 IMO.
No no... 18ga for remote wire. 16ga for fronts and 12ga for sub.

Well I guess the decision of twisted or not is the last one to make, then I'll just place the order.

I hate to spend $40 on the distro block, but an Audiopipe one + the ANL fuses would run me $27... and for $13 the KnuKonceptz one with digital readout is definately much nicer.

The pricing on crimps seems extremely expensive on most sites... I think I'll just go to HomeDepot and have 800 leftover rings / disconnects / etc and spend 1/8 the money.

Anyone have experience with KnuKonceptz shipping / customer service?

· Registered
6,861 Posts
I'm just using the 16 or 18ga remote wire that came with the 4ga amp wiring kit that I got....
and I'm running 16ga twisted stinger wire to the speakers, and 10ga to the sub

The twisted speaker wire is very nice, almost no chance of it shorting out and it seems to be very high quality (and looks kickass too). This is what I have http://www.darvex.com/miva/merchant...ode=D&Product_Code=SWX16BLU2&Category_Code=SW

· OT Whore
22,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Last question!! I promise, then I order and hopefully it comes in mid next week and I can install before I take off Friday since I'll be driving a lot.

I have the 800.2 and the USB4065 which will become the 400.2. I'm going to get the distro block with 100A and 60A fuses... now the fuse at the battery, should it be less than the combination (150A) or more than (200A)?

· Registered
6,861 Posts
150A will be MORE than enough, I promise.
I have my 800.2 and my 4085 both running off a single 80A fuse at the battery and it's been working flawlessly since I put it in several months ago, including several 4 hour drives.

check out the fuse chart near the bottom of this page
http://www.termpro.com/articles/powersys.html
it'll take that ANL fuse 400 seconds to blow at 200% of it's rated amperage

· OT Whore
22,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
DevlynSyde said:
The pricing on crimps seems extremely expensive on most sites... I think I'll just go to HomeDepot and have 800 leftover rings / disconnects / etc and spend 1/8 the money.
Anyone know if there is any difference btwn those at Home Depot that are silver... and the 'gold' plated terminals as far as signal transfer?

Also, does anyone have 0/1 running off of the stock battery terminals or should I purchase a pair from knukonceptz.

· OT Whore
22,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Holy crap is the inline fuse holder from knukonceptz huge... off to finish building now that I have everything in... tho that was supposed to be done prior... :(

· OT Whore
22,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Errr... where the hell do you guys have these inline fuse holders? I can't find any good spot except for attaching it to the sheetmetal near the wheelwell...

Maybe I need to buy an intake just to free up enough space for it... that sound like a good excuse for the girl? :)

· Registered
6,861 Posts
DevlynSyde said:
Errr... where the hell do you guys have these inline fuse holders? I can't find any good spot except for attaching it to the sheetmetal near the wheelwell...

Maybe I need to buy an intake just to free up enough space for it... that sound like a good excuse for the girl? :)
that's where I have both of mine
then again I have a WAI and have a ton of room around there to route things.

· Registered
1,085 Posts
Dev,

You get your stuff installed yet? I'm tired of waiting around for pictures ;) Let see it!

· OT Whore
22,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
LoL... I hit a setback when my gf and I had broken up and dealing with the fact that today was supposed to be my last day until Tuesday this week :) So needless to say, atm my car is stripped bare, everything is out :) HU is installed (7995) and new adaptors are started for the speakers. Door panels are in the garage... which hopefully after the cleaning I did yesterday the car will fit back in now that the box is built for my 12A. That way I can work more than 2 hours after work in this horrid cold & wind. Forgot to take pictures past two days, will have to get the camera out.

· OT Whore
22,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Oh... and I *LOVE* the 7995. Haven't actually heard it yet since it doesn't have an internal amp... hence why pulling my speakers wasn't an issue... but it sure looks nice :)

· Registered
1,085 Posts
Sounds like it is coming together for you! You think you like that 7995 now, just wait till you hear it! ;) (I have one). Sorry to hear about you and your girl. That stuff usually wreaks havoc on everything else in your life if you’ve been serious a while, even if you hate each other. Good luck finishing up the system and dont forget to bust that camera out ;)

· OT Whore
22,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
mumra said:
Sounds like it is coming together for you! You think you like that 7995 now, just wait till you hear it! ;) (I have one). Sorry to hear about you and your girl. That stuff usually wreaks havoc on everything else in your life if you’ve been serious a while, even if you hate each other. Good luck finishing up the system and dont forget to bust that camera out ;)
Yea, it wreaked havoc since we'd been together for 3 yrs, still got along... but what got hectic was that both names are on the mortgage of the house, both names are on my car, share car insurance, etc... luckily we've gotten back together :)

Thanks, I'll need it. Tomorrow is swamped so I don't think I'll get anything done then... and Sunday isn't looking good either. So I'll be completely without tunes for a while apparently. I'm going to try to atleast get the highs installed over the weekend though.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts