B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· OT Whore
22,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone found a good site to pick-up accessories? I'm looking to pickup all 0/1ga stuff and after spending all of my time picking out Stinger accessories (HPM since I don't like gold... ) I've realized that spending 150 on the hardware alone (not incl. wiring) is pretty silly since I have no plans on ever really showing it off... so it seems pretty costly. Does anyone have experience with anyother brand or know where I should look? I'd wanted to buy knukonceptz stuff but they don't much at all of 0/1... no distro or fused distro for 0/1 in 2 4ga out... etc...

· Registered
6,861 Posts
nah I just ordered the 400.2 and the Focals Sat night, so hopefully they'll be in at the end of this week. I just got a little eager and put it in my sig before it actually gets here. I'll be running a completely separate 4ga to each Avionixx. I thought about doing a single 0/1 and then splitting it, but I already have one 4ga run and it'll just be easier and cheaper to run another.

· OT Whore
22,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm considering returning my 0/1ga wire... if they'll let me and do the same thing... the pricing is just unreal on the accessories...
Will you then have two inline fuses under the hood + two fuses in the trunk?

· Registered
6,861 Posts
I'll have 2 fuses by the battery, one on each wire, and none in the trunk (other than the ones on the amps themselves).

It was a real tossup between 0/1 and 2 4ga, the 0/1 would be better for upgrading in the future, but the 2 4ga is cheaper and easier to run if you already have one in place. If you plan on upgrading eventually and running a helluva lot of power then the 0/1 would be a better choice because it will have a whole lot less resistance than 4ga (one 0/1 has something like 1/8 or 1/16 of the resistance of 1 4ga)

· OT Whore
22,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
LoL... I'm not sure if its just the 800.2, all of them, or what... soundillusions is down so I can't pull up the post that talked about it.

Hasn't anyone here bought 0/1 crap? Come on guys! :)

· Registered
6,861 Posts
yeah soundillusions has been down forever, I can't get my fix, lol
I know atleast some of them have built in fuses because the 400.2 says it has 2x40amp under the specs. Maybe it's just the class T amps that don't have them...

· OT Whore
22,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks that way on avionixx' site. What did you upgrade the 400.2 from? I have a 4065 and am considering picking up the 400.2 and finding somewhere else to use the 4065 but I really don't have complaints about the US Accoustic amp... other than it doesn't match the 800.2 like it would have the nine.1 :)

· Registered
6,861 Posts
I'm replacing a us acoustics 4085
It puts out good power and it sounds clear, but it has terrible warm-up static, and I'm going to 2 speakers so there's no need for a 4ch

· OT Whore
22,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have two speakers too.. so I'll be running the 4065 bridged once I get y-adaptors... lemme know if it is obvious improvement ignoring the warmup static since I haven't had issue.

· Registered
1,085 Posts
DevlynSyde said:
LoL... I'm not sure if its just the 800.2, all of them, or what... soundillusions is down so I can't pull up the post that talked about it.

Hasn't anyone here bought 0/1 crap? Come on guys! :)
Not me. I still ran two 4 guage wires but wish I would have went for the 0/1 guage. I still dont thinkI have a big enough line to feed my 1200.1

Check this artical out on tempro about wiring...

http://www.termpro.com/articles/powersys.html

· OT Whore
22,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Noone is replying to my damn post with my info :) Thanks for the link mumra, very intersting read. If I didn't have this damn 0/1ga wire already... plus having taken the time to wipe off all the lettering and what not so its straight black... I'd go 2 4ga...

Distro Block: (100A & 60A - Will have to doublecheck on this)
http://www.knukonceptz.com/detail.asp?product_id=FB1024D

Inline Fuse: (150A)
http://www.knukonceptz.com/detail.asp?product_id=FH20

RCAs: (I think I'll skip the Y-adaptors and plan to get the 400.2)
http://www.knukonceptz.com/detail.asp?product_id=KAR2-6M

7ft silver & 7ft red 4ga for distro to amp and for grounds (seperate - no distro block). Anyone give advice on how much speaker wire I need for the fronts?

· Registered
6,861 Posts
I got 40ft of speaker wire planning on 15 per front speaker and 5 per rear speaker and it worked out nicely. If you're just doing the front speakers I would get 30-35 and you should be set.

· Registered
1,085 Posts
My RCA for my mains are stinger twisted. My rca from my sub are shielded. I can’t tell a difference. I bought the stinger drean series to replace my old RF twisted (cheaper) wires and really couldn’t tell any difference between those either. I would get a decent set but I think going with the real expensive stuff is a waste of money IMO. Which ones were you think of buying?

· OT Whore
22,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
http://www.knukonceptz.com/detail.a...duct_id=KAR2-6M

Those for RCAs... go back one page, I listed the other stuff too... I meant speaker wire and forgot to mention that. Doofus :) Was looking at knukonceptz twisted 12ga & 16ga for that.

2001SE... what gauge remote wire did you run for the 800.2? The manual says to use 12ga and that seems bizarre... I was going to get 18ga (the standard).

· Registered
1,085 Posts
Well, I have some of that too. Twisted for the fronts and regular for the rear. The twister is kind of nice because it has double sheilding and you dont have to worry about it shorting out as much, but other that that, I cant tell a difference. 18ga. seems too thin with a lot of power going to your speakers. I would use the thicker stuff. At least 16 IMO.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts