B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
ES artneS nassiN 0002
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was wondering how much R134 to add in the AC lines? I think the bottle may be wrong. It came with a guage and when comparing the sticker under the hood, it is not right. THe sticker said 1.01 pounds or something. Is that PSI or fluid? Does anyone the PSI I am supposed to add in this? I think I may have overcharged it, so I was releasing some of that stuff. If there's a thread on this already, please point. I am the king of retard when tryig to search. I hate that you cannot type in AC to find things on AC.

Umm. I'm pretty sure I did not get any air in since the can was upsidedown the whole time. But I did have to shake. Sooooo if I had to take air out, how do I?

·
Registered
122 Posts
it means 12oz its easy to over charge it so be carfull. use the guage with colors that tell wehn its full or overcharged

·
Lower than u will ever be
622 Posts
If you're system is completely empty put in 13-15 oz. just keep an eye on the pressure and keep it under 65. If you over charge it just keep letting it out and checking the pressure until you're under 65. I just did mine a few weeks ago and accidently over charged it and didn't fix it until last weekend when it started blowing hot then cold then hot then cold and so on. I just let some pressure out and now it's blowing even colder.

·
Al, The Ignorant Fcuk
9,081 Posts
You probably overcharged it. The only real way of knowing where you are is to have a gauge set. You shouldn't have much over 35 psi on the low side. 40 pounds corresponds to 40 degrees evaporator temperature which will give you about 48 degree air out of the vent once the interior gets cool. Check it when the outside temperature is say 85 degrees. If the outside temp is lower you will get a lower pressure.

Just an aside. 99% of folks will put some air into the system bc the hose has air in it. What I do is close the valve on the hose and then put the hose on the service fitting (without the can on the other end) Then I crack the valve on the hose to get freon in the hose-then close the valve. I then disconnect from the service fitting, put on the can, plug the hose to the service valve and reopen the valve. The other thing is that if you bleed off freon-oil in the system goes with it it. Joe sixpack working on their a/c system=good for dealer-replacing compressors, etc. I think in many cases you are better off going to a real good car a/c man and let him do the charge right. Problem is that might not happen either. A/C man can be an fubar also.

·
ES artneS nassiN 0002
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK. I'll go and recheck the pressure again. So it is ok to release some of it to get the pressure to norm? Thanks for the posts.

·
Al, The Ignorant Fcuk
9,081 Posts
Mindcontrola said:
OK. I'll go and recheck the pressure again. So it is ok to release some of it to get the pressure to norm? Thanks for the posts.
Yes..but do it very slowly to avoid loosing a lot of oil.

·
Registered
190 Posts
An easy, crude, no gauge way to check to make sure the system is charged is to just put your hand on the suction line (big line) going to the AC compressor while the system is running. The suction line should be cool or cold and sweating. If not, you have either too much or not enough refridgerant.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts