B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry, but what does IMO mean? I hope people don't get mad when you ask silly questions like this. Oh i got my Sentra last nite, its a wicked car. When would you say that i could open it up...it has 240km's. Do i have to wait till 1000Km's or more? And i found the factory Stereo to be nothing special. The sub is just sitting there like a regular speaker. (no box?)

would it sound better if you got one of those black vinyl "cup like" things that go around the magnet of the speaker to enhance the bass?

Thanks,

·
Registered
246 Posts
I would think that IMO means "In my opinion". You should definetely drive it like a grandma for the first 1000. I think the best thing for that sub is to just replace it... think I'm going to do that soon.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Cdn_Sentra_SE
What I did was drive it like a grandma till 1500km.

Then I changed the oil, and drove it hard ever since.

Changing the oil after break-in gets rid of the metal residues in the oil, which is common.

1000km is ok, but I find it too short.

Follow what the manual says for that. it was equivalent of about 1500km or 1600km I think.

·
Bow to your SE GOD
4,702 Posts
I would'nt put any sort of enclosure around the sub- it's meant to work in an infinate baffle configuration. Yes, it sucks. 180W stereo my ***. If you understand stereo lingo, you'll know they rate it at 180, at about 10% THD, which is the equivalent to saying you could lift 1000lbs, if you took a few horse steroids! Drive it like a grandma as long as you can- at least as long as reccommemded. It will be a happier civic-killer in the long run!;)

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
HAHAHAHA

thats awesome. Thanks guys. Um...if you guys have drag raced your vehicle, what are some of the other machines that you have went up against...and did you win or lose?

I mean like light to light...so you MIGHT get it to REDLINE second gear depending on how far the lights are apart.

·
Registered
311 Posts
audio1der said:
If you understand stereo lingo, you'll know they rate it at 180, at about 10% THD
Sorry, this is a little off topic, but 10% THD? Are you serious? How can they even sell that as a stereo? Sounds more like a distortion box for an electric guitar...

·
Registered
19 Posts
samo said:

Sorry, this is a little off topic, but 10% THD? Are you serious? How can they even sell that as a stereo? Sounds more like a distortion box for an electric guitar...
Not it is not the steroids... THD is Total Harmonic Distortion, to measure how much distortion you get when you blast your stereo. 10% distortion is waaay too high. Sounds like Radio Shack or Boss equipments. Don't ask me how they get to the value, though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts