B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, since our cars recently had the control arm bolt problem I wanted to get my car into service as quickly as possible but the only problem being that I work 7-4 everyday and weekends I work as well. That leaves me 4-6:30 to take the car in!

So I first call the dealership that I bought my car from, Maxwell Round Rock Nissan in Round Rock, TX. They inform me that I cannot just bring my car in after 4 for the mandatory recall. Basically what the service advisor says is that, "you'll just have to chance it, I can't tell you whether or not we can get to it but probably not.", I retort with "I have contacted Nissan Consumer Affairs regarding this issue and they say that the recall will take less than 30 minutes to complete", he then says "I don't know why they are saying that because it isn't true.....". After this conversation I see why I hate taking my car there for service...their customer service absolutely sucks my ***.

Next I give Maxwell Town North Nissan in Austin, TX to see what kind of response I would get. I inform the advisor that I have contacted Consumer Affairs with my dillema just as I did with the previous dealership. He goes "yea man I completely understand where you are coming from. go ahead and bring it by when you get off and we will take care of it for you". I reply shellshocked of course "umm...OK!".

So I take it up to the dealership on my way home talk to the advisor get the paperwork done and go to sit in the lounge. I casually ask one of the salesman about the 2002 SE-R and we get in a long drawn out conversation about street racing and our cars (his is a WRX) for about 20 minutes. The service advisor politely interrupts us and informs me that I am ready to go. COMPLETELY PAINLESS! I couldn't believe the great service that I received from them, they were really great. I come to find out that a technician Ernest actually has a 240z with a 350 in it as well as every other mod. He is totally cool with my mods, he just warns me not to go internal because then he can't do much. He compliments me on my car as I begin to drive off "Nice looking car man".

No wonder these guys are #2 in the U.S.

Word big bird.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Cool deal...I brought my SE in also last week, basically I was the guinea pig at the dealership...I had to show them the printout I had from the net, and then they said oh yeah that recall...Anyways I'm guessing replacing a few bolts isn't too tough for them...For anyone in the NY/NJ area, Route 1 Automall was mad cool, they gave me a free car wash for the road!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Yup....you just have to chance it these days with dealerships. I went to my dealer for an oil change...he punches up my file on the computer and sees a recall for the bolts, and I didn't even get the recall notice yet... recall and oil change done in under 20 minutes.

·
Bow to your SE GOD
4,702 Posts
I had to show my stealership the printout too! Man, it seems like there's no good guys out there anymore... I would'nt trust my dealer as far as I could throw him.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts