B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Ahhh...the old clear bra! haha. The clear bra was a good idea. They are very popular in my area. I had thought about one of those, but they do have some problems. First, they only protect the area that they cover. So, the first 6 inches of your hood is protected, but thats all. Second, they tend to "yellow" and become brittle over time. I've seen some cars taht have had those on for a few years. The UV damage is very apparent. IT doesn't look good at all.

THis could be a temporary solution, but it doesn't solve the problem. The paint on my bumpers simply isn't sticking very well. It has already started to peel after 4 months. Covering it up will help, but all the exposed areas will continue to degrade. THe solution is to have the bumpers repainted.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I thought that I have read that some of these companies claim that they clear bra DOES NOT yellow over time? Is this a farse?

·
Registered
158 Posts
The best way to go is to get a hood deflector. Since I got mine, not a single chip on the hood. The bumper is a mess though. Bra's are a pain to take off and on and to keep clean.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts