B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry i don't know anything about machanic...

i have a 2k sentra GXE with a 1.8L engine. The thing is i cannot find the spark plug wire.(not sure if it is how its called...the line the connect the engine..)

I am wondering...it doesn't need one?

thx

------------------
Please help me. I am a rook.

·
Registered
778 Posts
you have 4 spark plug wires. they are located in the middle of your valve cover (big grey thing on the top of your engine). i believe this is where they are located on the gxe. if you pull it out by the end on top of the valve cover, it should be a long cylinder. i dunno how to explain even more. i did my best. correct me if im wrong ga18de owners.

------------------
2000 sentra se
pp, 5spd

·
Registered
347 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sr20reNaISSANce:
you have 4 spark plug wires. they are located in the middle of your valve cover (big grey thing on the top of your engine). i believe this is where they are located on the gxe. if you pull it out by the end on top of the valve cover, it should be a long cylinder. i dunno how to explain even more. i did my best. correct me if im wrong ga18de owners.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

grey i thought it was black?

------------------
Sentra IRC server @ sentra.mine.nu port 6667

Car:
2001 Sentra Blackout GXE
Horepower mods:
Tinting +1hp chrome Wheel covers +5hp
Custom Front Plates +1hp
Still badged -7hp

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
on the sr20de, the valve cover is grey, your 1.8 is black. Either way, hes referring to the valve cover.

------------------
*Josh*
*myb15*
(Searching for a Honda EF or 240sx Coupe)

·
Registered
158 Posts
The GXE has no spark plug wires since it has individual ignition coils for each cylinder. It does have high tension wires going to these coils. The more obsolete 2.0 has spark plug wires...

------------------
mexican heartache-GXE, refuelling convienence pkg. engine warmer, shaggy car mats.

·
Registered
104 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DizzyJack:
The GXE has no spark plug wires since it has individual ignition coils for each cylinder. It does have high tension wires going to these coils. The more obsolete 2.0 has spark plug wires...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The more obsolete? Hmm.....I don't mean to be an ***, but could this have been better stated? :p

------------------
Marvin, aka Original Mr Sentra
2000 Nissan Sentra SE w/Performance Package, Sunroof, 5 spd, Avalanche
Current Mods: Gas Cap Holder, Stromung Cat Back Exhaust System, Place Racing Cold Air Intake

·
Registered
119 Posts
I agree, I would be disappointed if I paid extra for my "obselete motor". Any way, the 1.8 uses a disributor-less ignition system. You will only have ignition coil packs on top of each spark plug.

------------------
rschauby

2001 Sentra SE w/PP auto (radium)
FOR SALE!
I want the new SE-R!

·
Registered
149 Posts
The 2.0 is an older motor so in a way it is more obsolete in some of the technology it uses compared to the 1.8l. I hardly think it is something to take issue with. We all know which makes more power, we don't need to be touchy about it. What will people say when the new 2.5 motor comes out? Will Nissan even use the 2.0 anymore? We won't be the top dog then, will you still be touchy?

------------------
'97 VW Golf Trek - modded
'00 Sentra SE - PP, PIAAs, Tint

·
Registered
158 Posts
Easy SE boys lol...I know how it feels...it's like buying leather pants and finding out they are out of style a week later...

------------------
mexican heartache-GXE, refuelling convienence pkg. engine warmer, shaggy car mats.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I wasn't trying to be touchy, especially with my :p after my post. New or old, it doesn't matter. Sorry to move this topic off topic in the first place.

Also, leather pants are still in style in certain areas of the country. :)

------------------
Current Mods: Gas Cap Holder, Stromung Cat Back Exhaust System, Place Racing Cold Air Intake

[This message has been edited by Marvin (edited April 20, 2001).]

·
Time Warp
1,141 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DizzyJack:
Easy SE boys lol...I know how it feels...it's like buying leather pants and finding out they are out of style a week later...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL! :D I for one, like my "leather pants".

------------------
Jae
'00 SE w/ stuff
Seeking SOHC VTEC once again...

·
Al, The Ignorant Fcuk
9,081 Posts
I personally was sort of surprised that the thing has a distributer since my '92 Corsica doesn't have one. Hey-at least it doesn't have "points" which require a dwell meter. He-he, bet none of you guys know what is. :D

------------------
Plain Jane Cappuccino SE
with AutoTrans

·
Registered
104 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sr20reNaISSANce:
hey look on the bright side fellow SE boys, at least we can run a tach. :)

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can't resist, but this was downright mean! :p

I love our Sentra commoradarie!

------------------

·
Registered
3,122 Posts

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Are you making fun of my red leather pants????? :D

------------------

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung Cat-Back,Place Racing CAI,and Painted Calipers & Rotors
***My Website***
**Car Pictures**

·
Registered
778 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Marvin:
I can't resist, but this was downright mean! :p

I love our Sentra commoradarie!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
no man, wasnt tryin to be a dick or nuthin, got like 4 friends with the gxe, xe. if you think about it, the new ser cant run one either, but it would still whoop me in a drag. bout the tach, its almost impossible to install it on the dash. the mounting would be imposiible. i guess you just gotta go with it in front of the oem tach. or make a shift lite in the dash counsel thing. but no harm meant to the gxe's, were still family. :D

------------------
2000 sentra se
pp, 5spd

1 - 16 of 16 Posts