B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Canyon junkie! ( ^o^) <3
4,332 Posts
^ Oh my GAWD!! That would be so kick @ss if they got rid of the C.A.R.B.!!

Hmmmm...

At the same time, we could all choke to death too....

LETS GET RID OF C.A.R.B.!!! :D

·
Canyon junkie! ( ^o^) <3
4,332 Posts
^ Yeah. That has always been my opinion on them too. Funny thing is that California is the state to drive in. We have so meany neat roads & tracks. There are so many tuners in CA. More than you can shake a stick at. Then there are those stupid C.A.R.B. requirements to pass a smog check. If a part doesn't pollute the air, but it doesn't have a C.A.R.B. EO number, then it's not legal. WTF is that crap? Oh man. If this actually does go through, which I doubt, I'll be swaping in the SR20DET after all!! :D

·
WTF is a B15?
325 Posts
I hope Arnold goes through with it. When we had lunch at 3rd Street Grille he said he wanted a supercharger for his yellow hummer, but those assholes wouldn't let him. In any case, I think it's illegal that CARB even exists. Why are Californians subject to additional regulations and restrictions than the rest of the country? This is discrimination, and restriction of our first amendment rights and free trade, and government waste wrapped in a stinking cloak of lies about why we need them. They didn't even exist before 1991!

·
Registered
31 Posts
CARB is a joke anyway. DOWN WITH IT!

If someone can prove, catagorically, that those smog nazis aren't just making millions on the backs of aftermarket companies, than I MIGHT change my mind!

Thank God for the Terminator!

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Yea, come to think of it. Arnold is doing pretty good on the aftermarket crowd. I mean I dont believe in that so-called CARB at all, I mean I agree with Reggie here that this is total discrimination. I can go to another state and dont have to smog. Stupid CARB. I just hope Arnold drops CARB the same way I try to lose CARB!!!! :D

·
Canyon junkie! ( ^o^) <3
4,332 Posts
Excellent. I hope this goes through. :D

·
In slow, out fast.
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
All that should matter is the emissions levels emitted from the tailpipe. Not what parts are installed. I haven't seen any changes CARB made in the air quality in my area. I still see a gray layer of smog above the valley.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
SentraFi said:
All that should matter is the emissions levels emitted from the tailpipe. Not what parts are installed. I haven't seen any changes CARB made in the air quality in my area. I still see a gray layer of smog above the valley.
LOL. You know now I think smog is just to make money out of aftermarket parts manufacturers that actually want to dish out some money for the "EO#". That is just BS. And worse, the manufacturers might just say "Fccuk it, lets move to where there's no smog." Hey, I wouldnt blame them. More money for them.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0BQH/is_12_46/ai_112312146
Another "Arnold should lose the carb" article, but its not about cars, its about gasoline powered outdoor tools, like lawnmowers.
http://www.thecarconnection.com/index.asp?article=6512
http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/04_28/b3891065_mz011.htm
http://www.detnews.com/2004/autosinsider/0407/09/b01-206575.htm
Man...this really sux buttcracks!!! I mean if their really worried about the CO2, then just put a plant at the end of the tailpipe...geez...

·
WTF is a B15?
325 Posts
You know, even if they chop CARB, I would think a lot of the responsibilities would revert back to the CalEPA. That goes for a lot of the agencies that was looked at. Just because that particular governing body is abolished, doesn't mean that everything that was done by that body is thrown out the window. But, hopefully, they'll think things more thoroughly and just focus on tailpipe emissions

·
Registered
176 Posts
SentraFi said:
A panel created by California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger to reduce waste has proposed eliminating the California Air Resources Board.

Anyone have the full story? It's on www.autonews.com but the info isn't free :(
Here is the one from Autonews. Its very short:

Plan could kill CARB

By Mark Rechtin
Automotive News / August 02, 2004

LOS ANGELES -- A panel created by California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger to reduce waste has proposed eliminating the California Air Resources Board.

The panel proposes to suspend 118 boards and commissions and 1,153 appointees at a cost savings of $32 billion over five years, according to the Los Angeles Times, which obtained a copy of the report before its release.

A spokeswoman for the governor declined to comment. CARB officials did not return phone calls

·
Knight Rider!!
2,193 Posts
so wait, is this "plan" going to elimiate the carb or just limit its resources?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Have You Slapped Your CARB Lately?!

Im praying to all the gods and helping old ladies across streets in hope that they are answered that CARB is ousted!

It's a given that there will be another governing agency to take over, but if they will have the same policies as the current CARB they will need the same ammount of people on the board thus no savings! Kind of a stretch but heres hopin! Besides if 'ol Ahnold wants a supercharger... he'll get a supercharger!

I searched the web and SacBee for any other articles about Ahnold and CARB but couldnt find anything... anybody know of other links or new articles regarding this?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts