B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm looking into getting a new head unit. I kinda like the Sony ES CDX M-650/M-750 models. You know the ones with the camaflouge face that folds down. Have you heard anything about it good or bad?!? Do you have any suggestions on what I should get?!? Ummm...I don't know how to link picture or post link period, but you can go to Crutchfield and see what I'm talking about.

------------------
2G Heatwave GXE ~ For now, one of many....one of a kind by the time I'm done with it.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
I like the sound they give I actually played around with one in a store and stuff like that but the thing is that anyone who's ever seen them knows the whole radio is there and if they do then they'll steal it at least with a detachable face they won't.....See what i'm saying?

------------------

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung Cat-Back,Place Racing CAI,and Painted Calipers & Rotors
<A HREF="http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1428062&a=10696175" TARGET=_blank>*CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS*
</A> ***My Website***

·
Registered
311 Posts
If you really like the whole idea of a hidden face, check into Kenwood models with DMask+. The face is motorized (which is sooooo cool...) and you can either hide the face or take it with you. However, I personally really don't like the idea of a hidden face. To me, it's very obvious that there's a whole stereo there, and I'll bet that a lot of theives know that too. My personal recommendation is to go with something pretty standard like a Panasonic, Sony Mobile ES, Alpine, etc.

------------------
Samo

1994 Sentra E
"The Ghettoblaster"

Hit me up on AIM at Samo94Sentra!
Visit my site! It's chock full of Sentra-y goodness!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I see what you guys are saying, and I believe that they also make that model with a detachable face. I think its the newer one.

------------------
2G Heatwave GXE ~ For now, one of many....one of a kind by the time I'm done with it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
well i have a sony xplod cdx-5500 which i love (its the one in my sig) if thats what u mean then i highly recommend it and the face comes off!!!

------------------
White 1998 Nissan Sentra GXE 16inch rims and bangin sound system!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm sorry to say, but after installing plenty of those pieces of ****, alot of them come back returned. Over here in chi-town, it gets cold and those damn motorized faces get stuck and break every time. And I have yet to see a car that those look good in. I mean, the face sticks out over an inch!!! How is this "hidden" from a thief? I would recommend the kenwood mask series or just a regular sony head unit.

------------------
97 nissan 240 se, stock (for now) except for custom sounds.
01 nissan sentra se/pp, stock (my girl's car).

·
Registered
311 Posts
Well, my Alpine looks tight in the dash - doesn't stick out at all, and it's motorized. Never gummed up either, and it's gotten sub-zero in my car before.

------------------
Samo

1994 Sentra E
"The Ghettoblaster"

Hit me up on AIM at Samo94Sentra!
Visit my site! It's chock full of Sentra-y goodness!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Does anybody know if there will be a problem installing an OEM Cassette deck to replace the OEM CD player? My Sentra came with both the stock CD player and the 6-disc changer, and I figured that I don't really need both at the expense of a cassette deck... I've also got the 180w setup that comes with the SE Performance Package.

Also, does anyone have any idea how much the face plate for the cassette deck/AC runs at the dealer? The one I bought is brown (and my dash color is black)...

------------------
2001 Sentra SE/Perf. Pkg.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ZombieDog:
Does anybody know if there will be a problem installing an OEM Cassette deck to replace the OEM CD player? My Sentra came with both the stock CD player and the 6-disc changer, and I figured that I don't really need both at the expense of a cassette deck... I've also got the 180w setup that comes with the SE Performance Package.

Also, does anyone have any idea how much the face plate for the cassette deck/AC runs at the dealer? The one I bought is brown (and my dash color is black)...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
No idea on how much it'll cost ya but you can check with www.courtesyparts.com and maybe they have a price listed for it on there

As far as the install goes I couldn't help you with that area,,cause I've never seen the the OEM cassette deck......

------------------

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung Cat-Back,Place Racing CAI,and Painted Calipers & Rotors
***My Website***
**Car Pictures**

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thanks for the response. I'm going to check today... I'll let you all know. I found the OEM cassette deck on Ebay for $35, so I went for it. I haven't revieved it yet, so I'm not really sure if it's brown or not (it looks very brown in the pictures relative to the color of the radio buttons). Is that part of the dash even available in brown? I've never looked at Sentras with different color interiors, so I don't really know...

------------------

·
Registered
78 Posts
Not sure if they do or not. Thought the only interior colors were black and gray, cuz my fact. cd player is gray like everything else.

------------------
Charles

2001 Sentra SE
Inferno with HyperWhite lights
PR CAI on the way, looking into Stromung Exhaust

·
Registered
23 Posts
I got the OEM Cassette deck installed just now. Everything works great. It seems that the out of phase speaker issue (mentioned in one of the forums) is actually an issue with the OEM CD Player. The 180w system THUMPS with the Cassette Deck in there... To me (and my neighbors), it sounds like a completely different sound system now! And yes, it works perfectly with the Nissan 6-disc OEM CD Changer. And yes, the one I got from the guy on Ebay is a warm-gray color (not black... almost Olive-y. I might pull it back apart in a couple of weeks to apply some Krylon). Total time of installation: 25 minutes (one of the torx screws was stubborn).

------------------

·
Registered
23 Posts
Newsentra... Sorry, I just noticed your post. I'm not planning on selling my OEM CD Player.

------------------

1 - 14 of 14 Posts