B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I dunno if any of you remember or not, but my car was hit by some sort of wet projectile by a group of punk kids one night... *sniff* The object created a dent the size of a hand and 1/2 an inch deep. There was no paint damage.

Well, I took it to a shop and they wanted 275 bucks for it. Another place told me at least 150 because the labor is so difficult...

I, of course, said no and decided to take matters into my own hands... so for those of you who may have a large or small dent in the portion above the front wheel, here is a helpful tool to ease the dent out without spending the outrageous amounts of cash these leeches at Dent-shops want.

Well, first of all you'll notice that you cannot access the dent to push it back out from inside the engine bay area... Nope, the framework around the car covers up any way of bending back the sidewall.

So now what? Well there are two options, first of course, you can take the entire side wall off... GOOD LUCK! Unless you have the tools, the time, and the knowledge, this option is impossible... so I searched for days to find another way. Then I found it.

Above the front wheel (if your car is dropped, you'll have a hard time reaching this, you may need to remove the wheel, or at least jack-up the car) there are 2 screws. If you unscrew these the plastic covering over the wheel will detach from the painted sidewall. You must then remove the screw on the bottom underside, that links the bumper to that same plastic covering piece. The plastic is loose enough to peel with some force away. As you peel along the seem upwards and around the wheel, you'll notice the empty area behind the plastic and between the frame and the outside shell sidewall. Do not atempt to stick your hand in there, you WILL regret it... I know I did. If you get a rounded off edged stick, like that from a broom, you can shove that into the seam you've opened and into the hidden chamber. Using the end of the stick you can rub the dent back out. You will need a lot of force, and you must keep rubbing until you literally massage the dent back out. The dent will come out but it won't be factory perfect, but I'm sure you'd agree it's better than having that dent in there.
You can re-apply the plastic cover, then put the screws back in...

This is only ONE method of doing it. It takes a lot of effort and a good hour if you get into troubles like reattaching the plastic cover. It worked for me, but it may not for you. I am not responsible for any damages you may cause while trying this, it's only a simple -home-made imperfect cure but it saves hundreds in body shop repairs.

Tools needed: Screwdriver, rounded-edged stick, and probably pliers.
If you have any questions about the process just email me at [email protected] Or reply to this board.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Alex said:
Do not atempt to stick your hand in there, you WILL regret it
Trust me too. I had to do the same thing to install my sidemarker wiring. Lets just say I did this over a week ago and my battle wounds are still healing lol. I had about 15 cuts,scrapes,and bruises from that stupid fender wall. Beware the metal hidding in that space is very sharp. Trust me on that one too lol.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts