B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had anyone had a problem with their A/c blowing slightly warm even after the car was warmed up. My A/C also stopped working all together one time after an hour drive....Has this happened to anyone or does anyone know a reason for this to happen? Should I take it to the Service department? I really dont want to waste my time there if I dont have to because Im sure they are going to tell me they dont see anything wrong...typical answer....Thanks in advance for any words of wisdom.

·
Registered
605 Posts
My ac works great. I have had zero problems with it and find it too cold sometimes! I would take it to the service department. Sorry, I know that's not the answer you wanted to hear.

------------------
SR20DE..Sorry Si guys.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Sorry I really couldn't tell you how my A/C works,,,cause up here in Rhode Island we Don't get to use the A/C all that much

------------------

CAR:
Black 2k SE Performance/package

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler and pop-cone intake,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,APC Super white headlights and fogs and front and rear turn signals,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung cat-back(in the mail)......

*CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS*

·
Registered
33 Posts
I recall reading a user comment from epinions.com about their 2K Sentra's air conditioning stopping after driving about an hour in the desert. The guy went to the dealer and they couldn't recreate the problem. He got different stories from different people about it being a known problem, and he complained about poor customer service. Lemme see if I can find the article and post the link...

------------------
2001 Radium SE 5SPD PP

·
Registered
58 Posts
Couldn't tell you about the AC on my Sentra because it hasn't been all that warm since I bought mine.

My VW Passat had a problem similiar to that. I posted on a different board nad recieved many responses, mostly pointing to excessive condensation. If you are running it when it's humid, but fairly mild outside, alot of condensation builds up on the compressor (seen as a wet spot on the ground when the car is parked). It can freeze and cause it stop functioning for while until it thaws out. Anyway, that may not be the case, but it's possible. Hope it helps

Eric

------------------
2001 SE, 5spd, PP

·
Registered
1 Posts
Here in Singapore, it is hot throughout the year. Heat related A/C problems are common. I had two before.

1. The A/C compressor turned on and off erratically, causing the whole car to jerk. As it turned out, the fans at the radiators were not functioning effeciently and the ratation wasn't enough to cool the system down.
2. The other was that the space between the clutch and the compressor was a little too wide. The clutch would transfer the rotation by the a/c belt to drive the compressor. But it couldn't engage properly due to the space which would get even wider on a hot day.

·
Al, The Ignorant Fcuk
9,081 Posts
When it works does it throw cood cold air? Are you sure the heat's off? If the car is idling and you click on the a/c you shold notice a change in the idle. Maks sure when you do this you wait about 15 seconds after turning it off to turning it back on or you could blow a fuse. It could be a high pressure cutout. Take it to the dealer and let him check it out. If he knows what he's doing he'll figure it out fast. They usually have one guy that specializes in ac/controls.

Later
Al

------------------
Plain Jane Cappuccino SE
with AutoTrans
Car partly remanufactured

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh yeah!! When it works it really works, its almost like an iceberg!!! I only had it shut down on my once, but that was on the way back from an hour trip and it was a very hot day. I do feel the compressor kick on when the car is in idle. The heat is not on and I do use the button for recycled like it states in the manual to use with the a/c on, that it will work better.

·
Al, The Ignorant Fcuk
9,081 Posts
stylinchica:

I'm guessing it was the high pressure cutout. If it was real hot out and you were going very fast, that could have actuated the cutout, which will reset. I'm guessing that if you had the recirc on instead of bringing in outside (hot) air that would not hav happened. You may want to just keen an eye on it. I'm also guessing that maybe you have a slight overcharge on the freon (Since it cools real well.) I'd let it alone for now.

Later,
Al

------------------
Plain Jane Cappuccino SE
with AutoTrans
Car partly remanufactured

·
Registered
158 Posts
This is a very common/famous problem with the new sentra's. Haven't heard of any solutions yet.

------------------
mexican heartache-GXE, refuelling convienence pkg. engine warmer, shaggy car mats.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Sounds like a computer problem...I remember last summer I stalled my car in a drive thru and then re-started it up real fast, and the A/C would not engage. I turned the car off for a few seconds and re-started and everything worked fine???

------------------
2000 Avalanche SE w/PP, no gas cap holder

1 - 13 of 13 Posts