B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got some spare cash... $800. And other than the Mossy short shifter this will be my last mod for at least 6 months. (gotta reel in some credit cards)

My currents mods are in my sig below. What should I do next?

These all are anywhere from $750 to $850..

- JWT Flywheel installed (no new clutch)
- Konig Heliums 17x7 installed (what color?)
- 18x7.5 rims and tires...wheelmax special
- Nismo Spring/Shock combo
- Tein Basics

My car looks stock, other than tint, debadged, and billet grill.

TIA!

·
Registered
382 Posts
800 bucks?
i say buy 800 dollars of the fattyest food you can find. eat it all in one weekend and try to get as fat as possible.
then as slowly lose the weight... your car will slowly get faster, and faster, and faster.
by then you should be able to figure out for yourself what the hell YOU actually want.

·
Registered
806 Posts
aztec05 said:
go for the wheel max special, then when you get the chance drop the car
Do a search on this site for wheelmax, a lot of very unhappy customers....

I'd definitely say get the Teins....

A lowered car on stock wheels looks better than a car with aftermarket rims and no drop. IMO

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
save it...for turbo.

·
Registered
774 Posts
yeah....I'd say go with the teins. Drop with stock rims looks better than that damn wheel gap. I'm in the same situation, but I can't decide whether to go with performance parts for now, or go ahead and get the drop. At least I'll know that I'll be improving my corning and looks with TEIN Basics. Then, I figured I'd save up for rims or maybe even go with the sleeper look and just get new 16" tires on my stock SE rims. I think the flywheel won't do much for you now and the rims won't look that great witrhout a drop. Save up and get some nice rims and don't just go for what's cheapest if you're not toally in love with them first. Also, I think NISMO is way overpriced for what you get. Yeah, they make some quality ****, but other companies make the same performance mods and you'll get the sae performance out of them for less money. You're basically paying for that NISMO name. Anyway....it's up to you, but I'd say TEIN basics for sure.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Berlinwall5985, couldn't agree with you more :)

Also, the quality of the wheels at wheelmax.com isn't the issue....

You can get the same wheels pretty much anywhere. It's customer service and reliability that matters, and I think they're seriously lacking in that department.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
I'd say that you put that money toward the credit cards you have to reel in. If you have a bunch of balances on credit cards, then the money you have really isnt extra money since this money should have been spent on stuff instead of having these purchases put on credit.

You could also put the money toward your car payments and pay your car off sooner.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Yah, put that money elsewhere. Winter's coming so save those mods until early spring. Even if you dumped it into a savings account with a 1% interest, that's 4 free dollars when you withdraw it. Though i rather pay off outstanding balances than make 4 dollars.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
After riding in a sentra with tein ss's and another one with basics in them...I wouldn't get the basics...the ss's ride/feel sooo much better, but they cost a little more though.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Go for the Nismo suspension and enjoy.

·
Registered
245 Posts
OhThreeSpecV said:
Boooooo, pay off bills... I already have a wife... :D

This is cash I set aside for mods... I'm not broke, just on a mod budget.

Without the wife, I'd have the first 10 second spec. :eek: :D
Hah, without the wife, you'd have to cook and clean again. Not to mention pay for sex...taking a girl out is paying for a chance of sex.

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
OhThreeSpecV said:
I've got some spare cash... $800. And other than the Mossy short shifter this will be my last mod for at least 6 months. (gotta reel in some credit cards)

My currents mods are in my sig below. What should I do next?

These all are anywhere from $750 to $850..

- JWT Flywheel installed (no new clutch)
- Konig Heliums 17x7 installed (what color?)
- 18x7.5 rims and tires...wheelmax special
- Nismo Spring/Shock combo
- Tein Basics

My car looks stock, other than tint, debadged, and billet grill.

TIA!
Save up and get the nismo rims, or get the cams.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts