B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Hoosier Daddy?
6,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... the diff started coming apart on the dyno. ;) 26psi and we squeezed on the nitrous. At 5200rpm, I let off of the gas because of the racket. I looked over at the computer screen, and it read 512whp and 480ft lbs.. at a measily 5200rpm. So, I think my goal of making 650whp under 2 bar is definately within our grasp. :) Here's some numbers from the car..

14psi, no nitrous, pump gas- 380whp/312ft lbs

14psi, 75 shot, race gas- 485whp/425ft lbs

26psi, 75 shot, race gas- 512whp/460ft lbs @ 5200rpm, shut down

This is in my 240sx BTW.. I'll be fixing the diff, and then going back to get the final numbers and maybe some video. :)

Towin' wit da 20's ;)

Travis

·
Designated Drinker
2,416 Posts
what kind of diff were you using??

·
Hoosier Daddy?
6,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
welded stock diff... The ring and and pinion didn't break.. It's the pinion bearing that's going out. It was making noises when I spun it over by hand the other day, when I took it out to weld the spider gears. I figured it would last for some dyno pulls.. but aparently it didn't like 600+hp going through it. :p

Travis

·
Registered
62 Posts
Damn, looking at your 240 brings memories back of mine. Looks almost the same only made about 375hp less. Wish I had it still, could have had you run some magic through it.

·
Engaged! :)
2,687 Posts
those are some serious numbers :D .....I like how the spec mags look on it :p

·
Registered
342 Posts
The wheels on the p/u have GOT TO GO Trav.

Other than that... nice numbers on the 240. There is a guy down the road with a white 98 for sale... looks to be in mint condition.. .I was thinking about picking it up.. he only wants $5500 for it.

BTW... when will you have any QR kits in stock? I just got a check from the VA.

·
Registered
194 Posts
nice ***** man beautiful

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
JESUS... makes me want to buy that car even more, trav.

-shocked-

·
Hoosier Daddy?
6,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Dyno chart... the last run would have been realy nice if the rear end would have held up.. We made around 40 pulls total.. These are two of them..

Travis

·
Hoosier Daddy?
6,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
chimmike said:
that's the most incredible jump in a powerband I've ever seen................

Isn't it amazing what nitrous will do on a turbo car? ;)

Travis

·
Hoosier Daddy?
6,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
NiceGuy said:
Travis, I forgot to tell you the other day that I can get you a Z32 TT rear end for cheap. Call me.
TT rear end won't fit... it's too big.. You have to use a non turbo Z32 rear end. :( I wish the bigger one would fit..

Travis

·
Banned
2,745 Posts
03BlackoutSER said:
damn thats some awesome power
glad you liked that quote, i gave that one some time...

oh and to be the resident idiot,
does the 240 have a sr20 or the ka24 still?

i'd guess sr20 but im curious....

·
Hoosier Daddy?
6,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It's got a SR in it.. S14 motor.. I'm putting a S13 head on it with a Greddy manifold though.. should make more power.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Trav4011 said:

Dyno chart... the last run would have been realy nice if the rear end would have held up.. We made around 40 pulls total.. These are two of them..

Travis
I call BS until I see the dyno video! Nice truck, I'll trade you a sentra for it...........Mike

·
Registered
631 Posts
god damn, that makes me think of what my motors going to be capable of, minus, im not sure i'll be running nitrous (but i will be running 28-30psi on race gas)...i gotta see what this thing runs at the track.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts