B15 Sentra Forum banner

5 speed SPEC WHAT

3K views 52 replies 15 participants last post by  tempaboult 
#1 ·
anyone ever hear of a 5 speed spec? i know what your thinkins im a nub and its a SER but its realy a spec ran the vin and everything wierd i know just wanted to know if anyone else has heard about this or seen one too or im just lucky

#2 ·
doesnt the 02-03 have a 5 speed and the 04+ have the 6 speed?

#6 ·
did you pop the hood to see if theres a qr in there? cause i know the qg has a 5 speed

#7 ·
sentraAZ88 said:
i know just wanted to know if anyone else has heard about this
No one has because they don't exist....

#9 ·
shanno575 said:
what are you talking about they don't exist, lol. i have driven one
:p

5 speed SER's were 02-03, right? This guys says it's a Spec, which it isn't...

#11 ·
shanno575 said:
just 02. the 03 pretty sure it was all auto
Well, either way the OP is wrong :p

There were no 5 speed Specs :)

#15 ·
shanno575 said:
it's in post #5, i wasn't replying to your post saying it was a spec, i was replying saying it was an ser. nevermind.
LOL, JFWY :)

/thread...

although I would like to see pics of said 5 sp. Spec.

#17 ·
shanno575 said:
what are you talking about they don't exist, lol. i have driven one.

and orange has one. lol.
Awwww! :eek: Yes, i have a 2002 SE-R, 5speed, non-specV.

I know what the "nub" is bit(hin about; the salesman at the dealer advertised mine as a specV & ran the vin in front of me. He agreed that it was an error, but theorized that the software/service he was using thought that it was a Spec V because it wasn't an autotragic. I bought it at a honda dealership, lightly used.

#18 ·
shanno575 said:
just 02. the 03 pretty sure it was all auto
Actually, the 02's & some early build 03's were still 5sp. It just didn't make sense when the sticker price difference from an SER and a Spec is only 100 dollars. Also they weren't selling as much 5sp SER since like said before 100 more, you get a Spec with 6sp & LSD. So they cancelled the 5sp SER's and stuck an Auto in them.

#19 ·
shame,
id love to find a 5spd/lsd tranny thatd drop in. our 6spd is a joke. id like to have longer, usable gears to race with. amd its not like it got us an overdrive gear for the highway. dumb design!

#23 ·
sentraAZ88 said:
yes it has a qr in it yes its a 5speed spec yes i know what im talking about its not just a ser i ran vin number myself i work at a body shop and its make code is a 04 spec-v i was just seeing if anyone else has heard of one
Then i guess mine is too? It is a 2002 model, has a QR25DE, a five speed manual tranny, doesn't feel like it has LSD, and is strangely missing the lil specV badges under its SE-R badges. The dealership ran the VIN & the computer indicated it was a SpecV (yes, i was watching & everybody know the computer is NEVAR wrong). Damn! All this time i thought i had a plain ole SE-R. :rolleyes:

#24 ·
aren't the 5speed and the 6speed trannies interchangeable? if so, the 02s were bad about having ****ty trannies anyway, so maybe whoever owned it first just put a 5 speed in it instead of the crummy 6?

#25 ·
sentraAZ88 said:
yes it has a qr in it yes its a 5speed spec yes i know what im talking about its not just a ser i ran vin number myself i work at a body shop and its make code is a 04 spec-v i was just seeing if anyone else has heard of one
ok, well.......they didn't make 5 speed se-r's in 04. so either you have the only one in existence, or the vin is screwed up :)

#26 ·
jarrett2k said:
aren't the 5speed and the 6speed trannies interchangeable? if so, the 02s were bad about having ****ty trannies anyway, so maybe whoever owned it first just put a 5 speed in it instead of the crummy 6?
That sounds more likely. :)