B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The shifter doesn't spring back to neutral from left side 1 and 3 gear, but works fine from reverse and 5 side. Feels like a spring inside fell off. So I'm trying to remove the shifter and see what's underneath. But stuck on the two nuts. The other 2 nuts are easy to remove. I can cut a groove out and use a screw driver but just want to see how others did it. I was just praising how easy the car is to take apart bit this one is a bit weird design. 2002 nissan sentra 1.8L 5 speed.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Rim Vehicle brake Auto part

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I just wondering if I remove the two bolt shown there would there be a nut underneath that fall off? Anyone?

Or better yet if anyone can tell me if removing the shifter can access to the spring mechanism which makes the shifter knob spring back to neutral. If not I'm not gonna bother opening it. Right now once a while it's a bit harder to get into 3rd gear due to no spring on that side. Talk about cheaply built car. The 1991 Nissan 240sx I got was made in Japan and had very little issues other than electrical all caused by previous owner installing car deck by cutting the harness.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.