B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
There is a difference between QG and QR hubs. I will explain to you why is different. It is very simple to tell.

QR Hub, axle insert area has curves

QG Hub, axle insert area has NO curve.

QR 4 lugs V.S. TDMi/Kuo's Garage 5 lugs

Talks about detail, Kuo's Garage works on every single detail including these sleeves. The following pics will show

1. . Look at the groove area, it has a small r little curve. The way we designed is trying to make it fit 100% on your car when doing conversion. (The little arrow should face inward of car)

2. Look at carefully on this pic as well, the groove machined in 90 degree.( This side face outward of car)

·
Informed Lurker
2,453 Posts
its a pretty cool idea. my hat off to you for pursuing to improve the b15.

however most of the people that have went 5 lug already just grabbed brand new hubs, and had them drilled out to their 5 lug choice, along with the rotors, and new wheels. this by no means is a cheap conversion. 400 for hubs with lugs + new rotors that are redrilled + set of wheels. the minor benefit you will get is a choice in wheel selection, however most people have found alternatives, or have learned to deal with a platform that is under 10k, and we dont have the JDM factor of going 5 lug.

Considering that i doubt many people will want to shell out 1k+ to just be able to be able to run 5 lug wheels. id rather spend 1k somewhere else that can make a difference, like a big brake kit, or possible forced induction.

you can also go 5 lug buy going with a b16 spec v hubs.

·
I dont care, really
315 Posts
yea these look great but are something like 3-5 years too late, havent all the b15s blown up by now?

and as previously stated many went another route to get 5 lug or sucked it up and realized they have limited wheel options for their cars *shrug*

IMO if I still had the spec id take the money towards hubs and source some nismo wheels or the like and call it a day

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
there are still plenty ppl asking these mods:D I understand it is not a cheap swap, but it is a most legit and safe swap. Drilling is fine, but long run...good luck...there is a huge potential crack on hubs...
Anyway, not only wheels selections become more but Big Brake kits choice gets more:D It also allow b15 to run some crazy offset wheels and wide wheels. So far there is a very limited supplying on 17x8.5-9 wheels.... <= I might supply some in the near future as well.

btw thx for the comments :d

2JR got the TDMi lug kit on:D
http://www.b15u.com/tdmi-kuos-garage/23933-2jr-install-tdmi-5-lug-conversion.html

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys,

I have this post on b15u.com
You can check my original post here:

Showcase

Showcase

This 5 lug kits is available for b15,

There is a difference between QG and QR hubs. I will explain to you why is different. It is very simple to tell.

QR Hub, axle insert area has curves

QG Hub, axle insert area has NO curve.

QR 4 lugs V.S. TDMi/Kuo's Garage 5 lugs

Talks about detail, Kuo's Garage works on every single detail including these sleeves. The following pics will show

1. . Look at the groove area, it has a small r little curve. The way we designed is trying to make it fit 100% on your car when doing conversion. (The little arrow should face inward of car)

2. Look at carefully on this pic as well, the groove machined in 90 degree.( This side face outward of car)

How much is it for the set. And what brake rotors, calipers and bracket can I used?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts