B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed a 4 into 1 Header from STILLEN on my 2000 Sentra SE. It fits great the only thing you have to do is weld the second O2 sensor to the secondary. The power increase is very noticable. I'll have to DYNO test my car to see what the increase acctually is. It's supposed to be better than previous years because the 2000 is more restricted. I took pictures with my digital camera. I'll be posting them soon.

------------------
PR CAI, Eibach Sportline Springs, Stillen Exhaust, 17x7 Enkei CDR9 w/215 40zr17 Yokohama Paradas
Future Mods: UR Ultra SS, Stillen Headers, Greddy catback(if they ever decide to make one)

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Deffinetly would love to see those pics....

Also how's the quality of the Headers,and what kinda warranty is Stillen giving ya??
Also how much did they run ya???
Is there actually a spot for the second o2 sensor and all you had to do is have it welded into place or did you have to make a spot for that o2 sensor??
and last but not the least did you get any check engine lights???????

Sorry for the questions.....

------------------

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung Cat-Back,Place Racing CAI,and Painted Calipers & Rotors
***My Website***
**Car Pictures**

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The header is ceramic coated. There isn't a spot for the second O2 sensor so you have to put the stock pipe side by side and mark the STILLEN pipe. After you mark it you have to drill the hole for the sensor. You have to by the assembly for the O2 sensor. You can get it at an autoparts store. It looks just like the stock assembly on the stock secondary. Once you get that you have to weld that do the hole you made in the STILLEN stock assembly. Be careful not to touch the O2 sensor because it may damage them. If you touch them after you are down installing the headers you'll see smoke coming out of the sensor assembly. That the oils from your fingertips burning away. I drove my care after I was done with no check engine light coming on. When I went out later on that night the light came on after I hit a bump on the road. One of two things are wrong. Either one of the O2 sensors are damaged or one is not installed properly. Tomorrow I'll be lifting my car up again and making sure that the O2 sensor on the secondary isn't damaged and it's installed properly.

------------------
PR CAI, Eibach Sportline Springs, Stillen Exhaust, 17x7 Enkei CDR9 w/215 40zr17 Yokohama Paradas
Future Mods: UR Ultra SS, Stillen Headers, Greddy catback(if they ever decide to make one)

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
Definitely let us know what is going on with the header. For me, I would really nice to get a nice header for my car, but I don't really want to go through all that hassle. Too bad no b15 specific out. :(

------------------
Marvin
-2000 Sentra SE w/Performance Package, Sunroof, 5 Spd, Avalanche
Current mods: Gas Cap Holder, Stromung Cat-Back Exhaust System, Place Racing Cold Air Intake
Future mods:Unorthodox Racing Pulleys, Window Tint
-Previous Owner 1995 Sentra GXE, w/mods, Auto, Maroon

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
(shaking head) of course the check engine light went off. Its not passing through a cat! You put o2 sensor in the wrong place, it goes behind the cat on the mid pipe. You dont weld anything to the flex pipe. You are going to have to splice and extend your o2 sensor so it can reach behind the cat, on the mid pipe. I should add this to my sig...said it so many times

and btw, ive had the hotshot header for months and NO check engine light.

------------------
*Josh*
*myb15*
(the bastard sold my crx...so now im looking for another one, maybe a 91' 240sx)

·
Registered
940 Posts
i cheked my o2 sensors, the the second one is right before the cat! my muffler shop said they will drill a hole and place in a new o2 harness.

did the first o2 sensor fit correctly? how long did it take to install it?

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
I never looked but where is the sensor located on the stock header???

------------------

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung Cat-Back,Place Racing CAI,and Painted Calipers & Rotors
***My Website***
**Car Pictures**

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/darkside_se?e&.intl=us&.flabel=fld1&.from=d&.pindex=23&start=9999&.src=ph&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/bc/darkside_se%3fd%26.flabel=fld1%26.intl=us%26 .src=ph
left is stock, right is hotshot. you can see where it was welded on the hotshot unit. Doing it that way you will have a CE light cuz the sensor never passes thru a cat. Relocating the o2 sensor to the mid pipe just after the cat is the resolution.

This is the line that needs to be spliced and extending so it can reach the new location. You will need to make it about 3x its current length. http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/darkside_se?e&.intl=us&.flabel=fld1&.from=d&.pindex=22&start=9999&.src=ph&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/bc/darkside_se%3fd%26.flabel=fld1%26.intl=us%26 .src=ph
------------------
*Josh*
*myb15*
(the bastard sold my crx...so now im looking for another one, maybe a 91' 240sx)

[This message has been edited by DarKsiDe_SE (edited April 09, 2001).]

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
It should pass the sniffer but not the visual. Cant get around that in California unless youve got a hook up.

------------------
*Josh*
*myb15*

·
Registered
56 Posts
can someone clear it up for me please.. the current B14 headers fit the B15 perfectly... but do you need to buy new gaskets/bolts or anything?

Also I want to know if there is only one O2 sensor mount on the header but two O2 sensors for the B15? I had a test pipe on my Civic and I wrapped aluminum foil around the aftercat O2 sensor to fool the ECU and prevent the check engine light from coming on.. so if there are two O2 sensors on the header, there is no need to do the second O2 sensor wire extension everyone here talks about... any pics or info on the headers would be great

------------------
2001 Sentra SE P/P, Window Tint, Razo carbon fiber pedals, SMC short shifter, Energy Suspension shifter bushing, Stillen front air dam, Place Racing CAI, K&N breather

·
Registered
3,122 Posts

See what I'm not understanding is if the sensor location is pretty much evenly matched in position as the stock pipe then why did you have to extend it more towards the back of the cat past the cat for the light to not come on?????

------------------

MODS:
***My Website***
**Car Pictures**

·
Registered
119 Posts
I don't get it! Past what cat? You say you've got a cat in your mid pipe? I don't see it. From your picture, all I see is a down pipe and a flex joint. Your O2 sensor is after those but not after a cat. What cat are you reffering to?

------------------
rschauby

2001 Sentra SE w/PP auto (radium)
FOR SALE!
I want the new SE-R!

·
Registered
259 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by rschauby:
I don't get it! Past what cat? You say you've got a cat in your mid pipe? I don't see it. From your picture, all I see is a down pipe and a flex joint. Your O2 sensor is after those but not after a cat. What cat are you reffering to?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

i was wondering that too. also, on the header itself, there is another o2 fitting. does this setup use 2 o2 sensors or is that the one you need to relocate?

------------------
MY PAGE
WAIT! USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION

[This message has been edited by 2000SE (edited April 11, 2001).]

·
Registered
78 Posts
Theres a thing right that connects right after the stock pipe that looks like a 2nd cat, but not sure. Might be that the exhaust is not going through the c/c cat on the stock manifold. So it triggers the 2nd sensor

------------------
Charles

2001 Sentra SE
Inferno with HyperWhite lights
PR CAI on the way, looking into Stromung Exhaust

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
the second o2 sensor must be relocated after this cat. For previous years, Nissan put the o2 sensor on the cat itself so no mod was needed. Not so with our b15. see below
http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/darkside_se?e&.intl=us&.flabel=fld1&.from=d&.pindex=20&start=9999&.src=ph&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/bc/darkside_se%3fd%26.flabel=fld1%26.intl=us%26 .src=ph

First o2 sensor that needs no mod, hotshots manifold has a mount for it already. see pics below
http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/darkside_se?e&.intl=us&.flabel=fld1&.from=d&.pindex=17&start=9999&.src=ph&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/bc/darkside_se%3fd%26.flabel=fld1%26.intl=us%26 .src=ph
http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/darkside_se?e&.intl=us&.flabel=fld1&.from=d&.pindex=24&start=9999&.src=ph&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/bc/darkside_se%3fd%26.flabel=fld1%26.intl=us%26 .src=ph

hope this clear things up

------------------
*Josh*
*myb15*

[This message has been edited by DarKsiDe_SE (edited April 11, 2001).]

·
Registered
119 Posts
OK, from your picture, it looks like the second O2 sensor is actually placed in front of the second cat (If what the down pipe bolts into is the cat and not a resonator). From what I learned with my '98 SE-R is a litle different. It didn't use two cats but it did have 2 O2 sensors. The first one was placed right on the header to feed the rich/lean readings to the ECU. The second one was placed after the under-car-cat to test the performance of the cat. I don't understand the logic of this setup.

------------------
rschauby

2001 Sentra SE w/PP auto (radium)
FOR SALE!
I want the new SE-R!

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
SO the pipr hotshot actually sent you with the evenly matched pipe is incorrectand and if you put it in the hotshot hole you'll get a engine light but on the stock pipe where it is in the same postition you won't get the engine light....doesn't make any sense to me...

so just be cause you buy an aftermarket cat you have to relocate the sensor behind the cat......SO now what did you do with the hole that hotshot put in?????

------------------

MODS:
***My Website***
**Car Pictures**

1 - 20 of 30 Posts