B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went to the dragstrip today, pulled off a 15.6, not bad. However, 3rd gear always locked me out, and I had to doubleclutch to get it to shift smoothly into 3rd without slamming it in.

Which was wierd.

But when I got back onto pavement, I launched the same way I did at the track, and 3rd gear was perfect.

Get back on the strip, 3rd gear bad, back and forth back and forth...

what am I doing wrong? It's a stock spec v with 16K Kms on it...it shouldn't have a failing tranny yet...

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
happens.. you're shifting to hard and probably not getting into the gate on center.. happens to me sometimes... sucks. :(

·
She was so young...
254 Posts
There was just a good article posted on the vboard a day or two ago about shifting techniques. Really good read. I'd post a link but it looks like the vboard is down again today.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
heh, my shifting technique is good. I don't shift any diffrent at the track than I do on the streets. It was a serious lock out (cuz I've HAD this problem before, but it was 'fixed' by a tranny fluid flush), because if I was stuck, I could 'jam' it in STRAIGHT.

I'm no noob to shifting :) No matter what car I drive I've haven't misshifted. I took an RX8 out for 2 hours the other day. The 'experienced' sales man, misshifted so many times during the 20 min he drive it out to show me it it wasn't funny. I took it out, drove it like a mofo, beat on the tranny and didn't misshift once (Traction control is a ***** for launching, but helps around corners :) )

1 - 4 of 4 Posts