B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Al, The Ignorant Fcuk
9,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friend of mine is looking at buying the Maxima. Is the 3 L engine an SR20DE with two more cylinders stuck on, or is it a later higher tech engine. From the specs it has almost 1.5 times the torque and HP which leads me to believe its similar. Edmunds called that engine the best 6 cyl around. That Maxima has to rock. Anyone drive one?? I know-slightly off topic.

------------------
Plain Jane Cappuccino SE
with AutoTrans

·
Registered
940 Posts
maxima is the best bang for the buck. my uncle bought one, but is not an sr20de. it is a nissan 3.5 with 220 hp. very fast, agile, and basically, i love it.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
I haven't driven one yet but my uncle just picked up a 2K1 anniversary edition about 2 weeks ago(mister money bags)and I'm gonna hit him up to let me drive that thing,,,and of course without him so i can test that baby out

------------------

CAR:
Black 2k SE Performance/package

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler and pop-cone intake,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,APC Super white headlights and fogs and front and rear turn signals,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung cat-back(in the mail)......

*CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS*

***My Website***

·
Registered
38 Posts
The Maxima engine is I think in the VQ engine family. And the displacement is 3.0 L. If you want to know about it, go and get a Ward's Auto World top ten engine edition. The Maxima has won the award all seven years of the competition, and it is the only one to have done so. This years quote was
"Most Like: Conan the Barbarian, still slays all competitors"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts