B15 Sentra Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have two 12" memphis HP subs w/ a 500 watt memphis amp. Im driving a 91 Nissan Sentra 4dr, Silver. The problem is my trunk rattles! The subs sound nice and are very powerful, yet from the ouside it sounds someone's hitting it with a sledge hammer. I've applied one 4sq ft of Dynomat in the trunk(lol, I know). Should i just cover the WHOLE trunk with dynomat? I've checked miscellaneous object/factors for the rattling, but i think it's just the trunk, and the 2 kick *** 12's.

------------------
Counter-Strike.net

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
its always safer to dynamat your whole trunk, if you do so.... you will probably reduce if not eliminate the rattling sound... and it reduces the sound you get from the exhuast too.....

If you plan to dynamat.... do it carefully.... applying precut peices in every spot..... an iron helps to shape around har to get places

------------------
2000 Nissan Sentra SE - HP RacingMotorsport Coilovers - Razo Carbonfiber Pedals - Razo titanium shift knob - Razo Shift Light - Nology Hotwires - Hotshot header and CAI on the way!!!

·
Registered
605 Posts
make sure your license plate is not rattling either. I fixed it by putting cardboard under mine. My friend has a jetta w/ two 15" solo barics, and his vibrates outside. We dynomatted everything and found out that it wasn't any loose metal. It turned out to be his whole side panel!! Cheap VWs! It sounds good inside...outside it sounds ok. That may not be it, but it's a thought.

------------------
SR20DE..Sorry Si guys.

·
Resigned
411 Posts
Wrong year, moving to correct section.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dragonstyle:
Hi, I have two 12" memphis HP subs w/ a 500 watt memphis amp. Im driving a 91 Nissan Sentra 4dr, Silver. The problem is my trunk rattles! The subs sound nice and are very powerful, yet from the ouside it sounds someone's hitting it with a sledge hammer. I've applied one 4sq ft of Dynomat in the trunk(lol, I know). Should i just cover the WHOLE trunk with dynomat? I've checked miscellaneous object/factors for the rattling, but i think it's just the trunk, and the 2 kick *** 12's.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------

2000 Sentra SE w/Performance Package,5spd,Granite
Strobe lights in headlights, SMC STS, Gas cap holder, BridgeStone RE730 205x55/16s, Timing Advance @18 degrees, Mobil 1 5w30

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.