B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I've gotten my Spec V shipped to Germany I have been able to drive it a little faster than I normally would in the States. While on the Autobahn I was curious what my average fuel mileage would be at my normal 110 MPH cruising speed (a speed that the cruise control won’t allow.) I was pretty happy with the 22 MPG that the computer reports that I get. This number, and the available power at that speed, drops noticeably if the A/C is on.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Windows up, I assume?

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
chimmike said:
you did a full tank at 110?
the trip computer on the 2004 has the estimated mpg

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Octane said:
the trip computer on the 2004 has the estimated mpg

Yeah but I'm wondering how accurate it really is. I think its like an average of MPG over the life of the car. Same with the MPH avg thingy.

·
Registered
842 Posts
It is an average since the last time you reset it. When on the MPG screen, hold the plunger in and it will reset to zero. Same with trip odo and MPH. I don't think it's too accurate, though.

SpeC-V_Freak said:
Yeah but I'm wondering how accurate it really is. I think its like an average of MPG over the life of the car. Same with the MPH avg thingy.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
LOL sweet man. I didnt know that. I guess the manual woulda told me that though...hehehe. I dont really care what my MPG is anyways, I fill it up when it gets between 1/4 and 1/2.

·
14.09 @ 95.53mph!!
495 Posts
its pretty close....I just took a trip to San Fancisco and the MPG page was pretty dang close to what I actually got per tank of gas...

·
Registered
386 Posts
I did a full tank at 130+. I averaged 16 MPG.

Shane

·
OT Whore
4,411 Posts
i'm curious how you guys are managing to run 100+ for an entire tank of gas. heh.

·
OT Whore
4,411 Posts
SE R SpecV OmSi said:
u can go 4 gallons and still do an estmiated MPG
sure you can, but you increase the effect of starting / stopping / accellerating / etc has on the fuel economy.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Kansas, heading West toward Colorado Springs. Start at Oakley, Kansas and go on a little road that parrallels the Freeway just to the south of it. It head straight West. I think it's called 40 or something. It's on the road atlas. Nothing out there. Nice flat road with nothing.

Shane

1 - 20 of 41 Posts