B15 Sentra Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
I wasnt accusing you of not being able to drive, i just got a little off into my own experiences, hope you didnt take it that way from me. I have had consoles out with similar locks, so i have an idea of what you are talking about. Im wondering if its identical to that of the maxima or altima, and they didnt bother to measure everything.

·
SR20 is the Way
1,391 Posts
smithjw said:
Well, thanks for the feedback, but I assure you that there is a mechanical problem and I don't need practice shifting. I've been driving a stick for 31 years now. All I wanted to know was whether other 05 owners had the same mechanical problem. If you haven't driven an 05, your not really going to understand what the problem is. They designed this so that when you move the shift all the way to the right and push uo, that's 5th. Pull down and that is suposed to be 6th. On mine, it's trying to go into reverse instead of 6th. To get reverse, you pull up on the ring and the shifter will move even farther to the right than if you didn't pull up on the ring, then pull the shifter back.

I hope this is more clear. I guess I will bring it to the dealer if I can find some time.

You need to take it to the dealer to get it fixed. But seriously, you need more practice if you cannot get it from 5th to 6th w/out sliding into the reverse gate. That should be easy.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts