B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dropped by the dealer tonight for some stuff and my usual sales guy hands me the 05 Sentra sales guide. Claims he just opened the box. Anyway, I apologize if this is old news but didn't feel like going through the bazillion 05 threads to find out for sure.

Ok, basically same car mechanically. No independent supension, turbo, trick parts, nada. Same ole B15. There are 5 models: 1.8, 1.8S, 1.8S with Special Edition Package, S-ER, S-ER Spec-V. Gone is the 2.5 Limited Edition.

1.8? Same except there are 2 interior color choices, Sage and Taupe.

1.8S is basically a 1.8 with power windows, keyless entry, trip computer, and cruise.

1.8S Special Edition has all the S-ER goodies, 16" wheels, leather wrapped wheel and shifter, Rockford Audio Fanatic package, fogs, spoiler, and an S-ER grille. With this package you get a charcoal colored interior.

S-ER? Same all around, no cosmetic changes at all. Same wheels etc. Charcoal interior carrys over.

Spec? Pretty much the same except no colored inserts in the seats (all charcoal mesh fabric). There is a faux brushed metal bezel plate around the gauges but the gauge faces are still black like 04. The shift knob is now a ball type, leather wrapped with a 6-speed shift pattern logo on top, under a clear plastic lens. It also has a reverse lock-out now like the Maxima. Pull up on the spool-looking device right under the shifter to put it in reverse. All looks rather tasteful.

Colors? Gone are Aztec Red, Molten Silver, and Vibrant Blue. It appears the new colors are Code Red (fairly same as Redline on a Z), Bronze Shimmer (think Polished Pewter), Brilliant Aluminum (Z color), and Blue Dusk (dark, midnight blue). It also appears Inferno makes a come back. Full line-up is as follows:

Cloud White-1.8, 1.8S, 1.8SE
Radium-1.8, 1.8S, 1.8SE
Jaded-1.8S only
Blackout-all models
Inferno-1.8S only
Blue Dusk-all but Spec-V
Brilliant Aluminum-all models
Bronze Shimmer-1.8, 1.8S only
Code Red-1.8SE, S-ER, Spec-V
Sunburst-S-ER, Spec-V
Volcanic Orange-S-ER, Spec-V
Sapphire Blue-S-ER, Spec-V

This is about it, hope I didn't miss anything. Sounds like once again Nissan is making some minor changes that we either have wished they had done earlier, or some that we will scratch our heads and say, why? Nothing changes.

·
Iknowyoulovereadingso..
5,527 Posts
looks like nissan is trying to copy hondas approach..if it works..and sales are great..why change a thing? they make minor changes to the car and advertise it as "redesigned for 2005" just to trick us.

·
Iknowyoulovereadingso..
5,527 Posts
from what i gathered ffrom that read, the only changes to the spec was interior..most likely the bucktooth is still there..sorry lol

·
Registered
140 Posts
So they're the same engines with the same problems just more of a choice of colors? Nice. Still don't know why they killed the SR20DE.

·
Registered
5,516 Posts
I knew it! They wouldn't change the B15 for '05, I said this a VERY long time ago, why would Nissan change the look in '04 just to completely redesign it for '05? Glad to see the good 'ol B15 is stickin' around for another year :)

·
Banned
3,486 Posts
I'm 20,000 miles runnin strong... havent seen ONE problem... but yes the SR20DE PWNS the QR blah blah.. SUCK MY TORQUE... why would they take it off the altima and not the spec... they KNEW... little bastards

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
SE R SpecV OmSi said:
BUCKTOOTH!??? please tell me its gone... I Will make it an effort to swap my 04 grille with someone's 05 grille :D they dont need to know :eek:
Sorry, appears bucky is still around for another year :rolleyes:

·
Banned
3,486 Posts
ah its ok... there will be 2 bucktooths and 2 skyline wannabes... and we'll all battle it ;) oh god... remember all the 04 owners... (me being one lol) imagin the 05 owners who are gonna come here n *****... prepare for a busy board of 02-03 vs. 04-05... :rolleyes:

·
Hater
907 Posts
02SoFloSE-R said:
so umm, whats the difference between a 2.5 Special Edition and base SE-R? just a frikkin badge?
Um. Did anybody even say there was such a thing? He said the 2.5LE is gone. And there was no mention of a "2.5 Special Edition"...

Hooked on phonics could work for you....

·
Hater
907 Posts
SE R SpecV OmSi said:
Umm... there were two years for the 2.5 LE which was Limited Edition.. same thing as special edition
Umm...no. You and I both know that he didn't mean the 2.5LE when he said 2.5 Special Edition....this thread is about the 2005 models.

Anyway, if he did want to know what the difference between a 2003 or 2004 2.5LE and a base SE-R, the front fascia and headlights are different, the interior is different, the 2.5LE is only auto(the 2k3 SE-R could be had as a 5-speed, only the 2.4 SE-R is auto only), the wheels are different and the suspension is different. The 2.5LE was more or less a fully loaded "GXE" with a QR25.

·
Banned
3,486 Posts
C*z said:
Umm...no. You and I both know that he didn't mean the 2.5LE when he said 2.5 Special Edition....this thread is about the 2005 models.

Anyway, if he did want to know what the difference between a 2003 or 2004 2.5LE and a base SE-R, the front fascia and headlights are different, the interior is different, the 2.5LE is only auto(the 2k3 SE-R could be had as a 5-speed, only the 2.4 SE-R is auto only), the wheels are different and the suspension is different. The 2.5LE was more or less a fully loaded "GXE" with a QR25.
i guess i missed the front fascia... I believe I pointed out wheels interior and suspension... but anyway I'm glad you knew what he meant!!! maybe u should let him answer that :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 113 Posts