B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 Sentra 1.8 and the windshield fluid is not working. It does nothing, no motor running, no spraying, nothing. Where is the fuse located at? I seen two fuse boxes so far, is there another one? One is underneath the hood next to the battery and the other one is inside on the left side by the hood release. Which fuse is it? I looked on the lids which it tells me which ones are for lights and so on but I couldn't find the one for the windshield fluid. Can anyone tell me where and what I'm looking for :eek:. A Picture would be nice. thanks for any help.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
theres another fuse box on the passenger side under the hood near the windshield tank.

you need to have the key 'ON' for washer to work, if your wiper works, but washer doesnt, the fuse isn't the problem. the wiper/washer use the same fuse, and the uses the signal coming from the switch on your steering column. the fuse you are looking for is inside the cabin near the hood release, behind the coin tray. it should say wiper on the schematic but is the same fuse. it should be a 20a fuse in location #25 on the j/b fuse block.

this info is in the fsm, you should download the fsm....

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
theres another fuse box on the passenger side under the hood near the windshield tank.

you need to have the key 'ON' for washer to work, if your wiper works, but washer doesnt, the fuse isn't the problem. the wiper/washer use the same fuse, and the uses the signal coming from the switch on your steering column. the fuse you are looking for is inside the cabin near the hood release, behind the coin tray. it should say wiper on the schematic but is the same fuse. it should be a 20a fuse in location #25 on the j/b fuse block.

The wipers work but the spray don't, so what's my next step from here?

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
lol, yea are you sure theres washer fluid in there? maybe a hose disconnected/leaking loosing the pressure under your hood, or at the reservoir. there's only a small motor pumping the fluid i think. are you sure your not pressing the wash button and its leaking onto the floor or somewhere under the hood?

edit: i never use the washer, barely my wipers, but i use rainx all the time

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lol, yea are you sure theres washer fluid in there? maybe a hose disconnected/leaking loosing the pressure under your hood, or at the reservoir. there's only a small motor pumping the fluid i think. are you sure your not pressing the wash button and its leaking onto the floor or somewhere under the hood?

edit: i never use the washer, barely my wipers, but i use rainx all the time
Yes there is fluid in there :), I need to check the hose to see if any is loose. I barely use the washer, I wash my windshield every time I pump gas anyways, so it's really not bad. Does rainx work? I have to get my car inspected in Nov. and was also wondering if the washer has to work. I know the windshield wipers but what about the washer?

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
for inspection, they do check the functionality of the washer and the wipers, but i am here in mass. rainx does work great, but youre asking me :D , just spray on, rub/wax it in for a minute, wash off with hose/water.

dont forget to check the wiring going to the pump itself, just incase the washer motor has a bad ground or something. the only other thing i can think of it you have a clogged hose or clogged squirters.

·
Registered
4 Posts

Hey dude, this thread is ancient but I have a question. Is there a way to turn off the washer fluid light on the dash without uplugging the wiper fuse? I had to take out the reservoir due to lowering it and its just unplugged rn. Hope your still alive, Thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts