B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning I was blasting through the black hills doing about 75, coasting down hill in gear almost to where I was headed and car started sputtering and died. Popped the clutch It ran for 2 seconds and died. Coasting to park. Checked my fuse for fuel pump it is good. I have a spare relay for fuel pump tried it, no dice. Car will crank forever with no fuel. I have read all about ECU issues with these cars. Is there a specific test I can do to verify if it's simply the fuel pump or the ECU? Thanks in advance. Pulling her home tomorrow from the mountains.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Have you checked for any codes?
Have someone turn the ignition to acc and see if you can hear the fuel pump prime.
Check fuel pressure.

Could be bad fuel pump or pressure regulator. If you fuel pump isn't priming then may be you need a new canister which are easy to get and replace

There is nothing wrong with the ecu's on these cars, where did you get that from?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you checked for any codes?
Have someone turn the ignition to acc and see if you can hear the fuel pump prime.
Check fuel pressure.

Could be bad fuel pump or pressure regulator. If you fuel pump isn't priming then may be you need a new canister which are easy to get and replace

There is nothing wrong with the ecu's on these cars, where did you get that from?
No codes present. When key gets switched on it does not prime.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Considering you already checked the fuse and fuse relay and verified they are good, sounds like a bad fuel pump.

You can just get the pump from 2j which will drop right into your existing canister and save money.

Or Pressure regulator

I'd go with the just buying the OEM pump from 2j

Reactions: Exquisitus
1 - 5 of 5 Posts