B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am torn between these cars. Stock the sentra wins for comforts and straight line performance. The subaru seem to corner better, but doesn't have the interior look or comfort.

I hear there is a big aftermarket for both, this car I want to last me a long time after paying it off and want a fun car.

Let me know what the best decision will be.

The Impreza will come out about $50 more a month and be slightly used (about 10k miles if I can find one).

Thanks

Chris

·
Registered
161 Posts
i dont know about you guys but the way the interior looks is pretty important to me... i'd say get the sentra if its going to be a every day car and impreza if you want performance...the only good thing about the impreza is that its fun to drive...

·
Registered
56 Posts
well for me the sentra was $5000 less than a brand new Subaru RS which i was also looking at... both are good cars but it's hard to find parts for the sentra right now. i've seen a lot more parts for the subaru, i think performance wise they're about the same... the subaru has crappy cupholders though, the sentra cupholders win by a mile!

·
Registered
605 Posts
2000 Scooby RS, FOR SURE!

Eventhough I don't consider these two cars in the same class, I would take the scooby (subaru impreza). 4wd, awesome styling and great quality, you can't beat it (se-r excluded). I have a SE, but I would trade for the impreza in a heartbeat.

G

·
I hate to say it, but I prefer the 2.5RS to the Sentra aswell. Now, I assume we are comparing a used car to a new one. That makes it a little more difficult. Depending on your situation, either or could be a better choice. You get the warranty on the new car, but you also have the depreciation to worry about. The Used car may be a better value in the long run since the previous owner essentially paid for the loss in value.

Neither the 2.5RS or the Sentra has a "huge" aftermarket, but both cars do have a loyal following.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I have friends that have the 2.5 RS, and it's a pretty sweet ride. As for the aftermarket products, i would say the 2.5 RS have a larger one. Believe me the 2.5 RS have more aftermarket choices than the b15.

·
B15Sentra.net Hater
0 Posts
I may be a bit biased, but I'd take the Sentra. I've heard some stories about those Subaru's and how long they last. The SR20 is a much better engine too...I mean it has less torque, but it beats it in the straight line (my friends friend has a 2k1 2.5RS 5spd and I raped him by over 2 car lengths). Now, that 4wd is good for launching off the line...but who in gods name revs their car to 6k and drops the clutch!!? That's not good for it at all. And one more hting about the 4wd...it doesnt corner as well but it is more stable...correct me if I'm wrong. Get a sentra!! I already married mine I love it so much :) .

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
I was definitely torn between the two cars while shopping for a new car. I decided to go with the Sentra for a few reasons:

*Owned a 1995 GXE. Very very reliable and was great for the price.

*SR20DE! Engine has been renowned for venerability and for a good aftermarket following

*It's a Nissan. Nissan in my family runs very thick in our blood(Stanza, Pathfinder, B14 Sentra).

*Interior really had me in the Sentra. The look and feel of a more expensive car.

*I hate to say it, but I feel the styling on the old 2000 2.5RS didn't match up with the B15 SE. I'd have to say the new 2.5RS kicks major ***.

*And lastly, price difference. For a fully loaded 2.5RS, I was going to pay about 4-5000 dollars more for what I got in my Sentra.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts