B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw on your page you had a muffler installed and was wondering where you bought it from, has it rusted, how much it was, what the perfomance gains, and how the sound is
thanks

------------------
all your base are belong to us

·
Registered
259 Posts
callin me out huh? i see how it is. :D

i bought it from a local perf. shop and it was like $115 or so. it's a universal stainless straight thru muffler, perforated core. no rust as of yet, which is good. i believe it's a 3ARacing. yeah, that's it. 3A.

the sound is pure harmonious when mated with the CAI. (I still want to add a chorus of psshht ppsssht though!) it is not loud to me at all. (helluvalot quieter than a magnaflow or something like that) no droning on highway trips and has a low mellow sound. i am still running the stock resonator so not much louder than stock really, just deeper. even the wife likes it, if that tells you anything.

performance gains...mmmm, maybe a bit up top, but it did seem like some gain. i would imagine it freed up maybe 3 horse, but purely speculative. the headers WITH it would be much better. the whole close cat and restrictive exhaust mani is killing it. it did seem to rev better but i felt more from the intake than the muffler. i think the stocker variable flow muffler maybe quite efficient, more so than we think but who knows. i would rather have the smooth barry white sounding exhaust even if no gains were to be had.

hope this helps...

------------------
MY PAGE

·
Registered
2 Posts
I noticed on your webpage that you live in a ghetto-style whoopdee shack and you probably got a buncha cats an they be peeing all over da houwz.
wussup?!
hey whats your IM again? I logged in what I though it was but to no avail.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts