B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, seems I finally ran out of luck - my 3rd and 4th problems came out of hiding yesterday.

Both back doors "creak" when opened/closed, and the left-back seat opens up without being released by the button in the trunk.

------------------
2000 SE w/ PP auto in Heatwave

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
I had that same creak that your talking about in the back doors,,,,,but i easily took car of it by giving the hinges a good soaking of white lithium grease,,,and that took care of those noises...and as far as the seats i couldn't tell ya anything on that issue....

------------------

CAR:
Black 2k SE Performance/package

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler and pop-cone intake,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,APC Super white headlights and fogs and front and rear turn signals,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung cat-back(in the mail)......

*CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS*

·
Fogey
4,298 Posts
Yep it appears the back doors like the creak. Not sure if that is lack of use or they just don't like the cold weather but they definatly need to be lubed. I need to do that, I was probably just going to spray them with some wd40.

------------------
2000 Sentra SE performance package (radium)
Sunroof/Leather/Tint/Gas cap holder
SMC Short shifter

·
Registered
623 Posts
hehe... i had the same problems with the doors when i 1st got it. after opening it a couple times from car washes, it went away.

and regarding the rear seats, i had the same problem... i just slamed the seats back and it locked, like the other said b4.

·
Registered
62 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by david:
Yep it appears the back doors.....definatly need to be lubed. I need to do that, I was probably just going to spray them with some wd40.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Be careful about WD40. It is a water based lubricant and once the water evapourates, the lubrication properties are greatly reduced.

I use to work in a bike store and we constantly replaced chains and "drivetrains" b/c of increased wear from WD40 being used as a lube.

Plus in high school auto shop, WD40 was used to remove nuts/bolts or to put on a temporary lube.

"Use the grease Luke, use the grease..."

------------------
911 / 944 / 935 Turbo, F355, F40, early Ferrari's, Z06 Vette, RX7, WRX, Lingenfelter Viper, 300ZX, Shelby Cobra, GT40, Copo Camaro's, Countach, McLaren F1, '70 Challenger T/A, Parnelli Jones Mustang, any Mustang's up to '69, Eleanor [Gone 60 sec], whatever Carroll Shelby touches...
oh...I'm supposed to list the car I HAVE, not what I would LIKE to have!

[This message has been edited by racemann (edited February 26, 2001).]

·
Fogey
4,298 Posts
yeah yeah, but then my hands will get all dirty. I know wd40 is bad to use as permanent fix. No worries. I fill find something.

------------------
2000 Sentra SE performance package (radium)
Sunroof/Leather/Tint/Gas cap holder
SMC Short shifter

·
Super Moderator
8,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dang. #5, 3 in 2 days now.

This is simple though. My brake "sensor" thingie needs adjustment. It's possible for me to come to a complete stop without the brake lights ever coming on. Noticed it when I had to slam the pedal 1/2 to the floor to disengage the cruise.

------------------

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
i wouldnt know if mine were squeeking... i never open them....

------------------
2000 Nissan Sentra SE - HP RacingMotorsport Coilovers - Razo Carbonfiber Pedals - Razo titanium shift knob - Razo Shift Light - Nology Hotwires - Arospeed Shortshifter

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey Y2K SE,

Slighly off topic, but I'm from Columbus, and was wondering what dealership you got your car from?

------------------

2001 SE w/PP Granite

·
Registered
13 Posts
WD/40 will de-grease the lithium grease, and will only last a few weeks. I had a M/T Camry that had a squeky clutch. The premanent fix is the grease.

------------------
2000 Avalanche SE w/PP, no gas cap holder

·
Super Moderator
8,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Buckeye Nissan. My Dad works at the parts deptartment there - that's how I got the car.

------------------

·
Registered
10 Posts
I got mine at Buckeye also. :) I think I almost bought your car.

------------------

2001 SE w/PP Granite

·
Super Moderator
8,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You couldn't have tried to get _my_ car.

Mine was acquired specifically for me through a dealer trade in Findlay last August.

Check your email.

------------------

·
Registered
12 Posts
this site is awesome. first time here. i thought my SE was the only one with back door noises. what type of grease will make it go away? and will the grease stay on or will i have to keep on re-applying it after a while?

---
2K SE w/PP 5-Speed, Custom "Wet Okole" front and rear seats, upgrade sound system, upgraded bulbs, elec. rustproof, undercoat,...to be continued...

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
use any generic white lithium grease....you can buy it by the bucket for pretty cheap. Also you can find white lith grease in a can w/straw attatchment (so you don't have so ruin your manicure to fix that squeak)

yeah WD-40 is more of a solvent than a long term lubricant, I wouldn't suggest it for this.

you may have to re-lube it after awhile (couple years?) if it starts squeeking again.

·
Super Moderator
8,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Welcome to early last year.

:rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
8,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
GREEN01GXE said:
thats what I get for searching huh
I suppose. Sentra Styling had already answered the question posed by 96744-SE.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts