B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night on the way home from band rehearsal I went around what seemed to be puddle of water. Apparently, a meteor or something has landed in the Astoria, Queens, NY area cuz the driver's side of my car caught the edge of a giant hole in the road. It bent the lips on both driver's side rims. The front is so bent that it let the air out of the tire and I had to put on the donut.

I am pissed at the NYC DOT, but I know there is no recourse.

At least I have my steelies to use in the meantime.

Can anyone recommend someplace in the NY/NJ area that fixes bent rims?

·
She was so young...
254 Posts
If you are up for a road trip to PA, www.wheelcollision.com. They do amazing work. If you take I-78 across Jersey (1-1.5 hrs) its about another 30-40 minutes into PA, if you're up for a drive at least. You can ship the wheels to them as well.

·
Registered
166 Posts
i reccommend calling the municipal building or township office in which it happened. this happened to two diferent people i know in 2 different towns.
the township reimbursed them both. all they had to do was show them the receipts.
its worth a try.

also. a police report wouldnt hurt.

·
From here to there
762 Posts
Previous Notice

UnderJerseySkie said:
i reccommend calling the municipal building or township office in which it happened. this happened to two diferent people i know in 2 different towns.
the township reimbursed them both. all they had to do was show them the receipts.
its worth a try.

also. a police report wouldnt hurt.
Yeah but here in NY the City has to have "previous notice", so before you attempt to contact the City for any kind of reimbursement have a buddy of yours call/file a complain with DOT so as to give the City notice of the pothole. Then wait at least a day and file your claim/complaint indicating that it happened the day (X) after your friend call. I mean, you DO NOT tell them was your friend who called duh! :D
Hope it works, later.
-RD-

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.