B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night on the way home from band rehearsal I went around what seemed to be puddle of water. Apparently, a meteor or something has landed in the Astoria, Queens, NY area cuz the driver's side of my car caught the edge of a giant hole in the road. It bent the lips on both driver's side rims. The front is so bent that it let the air out of the tire and I had to put on the donut.

I am pissed at the NYC DOT, but I know there is no recourse.

At least I have my steelies to use in the meantime.

Can anyone recommend someplace in the NY/NJ area that fixes bent rims?

·
She was so young...
254 Posts
If you are up for a road trip to PA, www.wheelcollision.com. They do amazing work. If you take I-78 across Jersey (1-1.5 hrs) its about another 30-40 minutes into PA, if you're up for a drive at least. You can ship the wheels to them as well.

·
Registered
166 Posts
i reccommend calling the municipal building or township office in which it happened. this happened to two diferent people i know in 2 different towns.
the township reimbursed them both. all they had to do was show them the receipts.
its worth a try.

also. a police report wouldnt hurt.

·
Registered
546 Posts
what kind of rims were they? and what size?

my 18" enkies have hit some pretty serious pot holes in my city and they are still mint, im pretty surprised really

·
From here to there
762 Posts
Previous Notice

UnderJerseySkie said:
i reccommend calling the municipal building or township office in which it happened. this happened to two diferent people i know in 2 different towns.
the township reimbursed them both. all they had to do was show them the receipts.
its worth a try.

also. a police report wouldnt hurt.
Yeah but here in NY the City has to have "previous notice", so before you attempt to contact the City for any kind of reimbursement have a buddy of yours call/file a complain with DOT so as to give the City notice of the pothole. Then wait at least a day and file your claim/complaint indicating that it happened the day (X) after your friend call. I mean, you DO NOT tell them was your friend who called duh! :D
Hope it works, later.
-RD-

1 - 5 of 5 Posts