B15 Sentra Forum banner

2.7 liter QR build..

6K views 30 replies 22 participants last post by  Trav4011 
#1 ·

Here, I will share details/pics about a customer's 2.7 liter (sleeved/big bore) QR low compression engine (for turbo).

Today, we mic'd the mains, and installed the crank/girdle with AEBS main studs. All clearances came out fine.. coming out in the range of .0007" to .0010". This is perfect for a engine of this caliber, with aluminum bearings.

Pistons/rods will go in on Monday.. along with the cylinder head..

Travis

See less See more
#3 ·
tennvols13139 said:
is that the stock crank shaft, and how do you know how much to bore out? and can you recommend a decent place to get engine parts for the car besides hpautoworks cause there horrible with shipping? thanks
That's no exageration.. they took over a month to ship me my JWT balance shaft removal kit.

#6 ·
ohhh my god i think i just messed up my pants just thinking of how much boost that can be pushed thru there..

#7 ·
tennvols13139 said:
is that the stock crank shaft, and how do you know how much to bore out? and can you recommend a decent place to get engine parts for the car besides hpautoworks cause there horrible with shipping? thanks
Yes, it is a stock crank..

We have sleeved the block, using aftermarket iron sleeves.. closing the deck, and solidifying the block for big horsepower levels. With the new sleeves, we can go much larger on the bore.. giving us the bump in displacement that we were looking for, while still maintaining cylinder wall integrity.

We offer engine parts, as well as fully built crate engines.. ranging from mild to wild.. depending on your budget/goals. Please email me for more details.. TravisFIR@gmail.com

Travis

#8 ·
Kris said:
how long would you say this motor would last? ive been looking to build a strong DD. you really know your s**t when it comes to the QR. send a list of what you can offer, and of course price. thanks.
Should last years.. if it's tuned properly and taken care of. Email us with what you're looking for, and I can put together a package that suits your needs. TravisFIR@gmail.com

Travis

#10 ·
TechSalvager said:
Trav do you build or have done anything with the QG?
turbo\NA? I have 02 gxe, but I would like to get a extra QG engine and build it up NA wise
If you are building a QG engine for the love of god boost it! I garuntee you will regret the money you spend if you chase NA power with a QG.

#17 ·
Larger bore doesn't improve the "piston to rod ratio".. it improves the bore to stroke ratio. Lengthening the rod and moving the pin up improves the rod to stroke ratio.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.