B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
i dont wanna copy shannon
3,180 Posts
yeah easily.. 3" is way too much unless ur going turbo then its fine. 2.25" or 2.5" is the most recommended size. Depending on the sound u want, more often the lesser size has a deeper tone and usually a little quieter BUT u might not get as much top end out of it but u will keep a little more bottom end so...

·
King of OT
5,210 Posts
Yes, think of an exhaust like a straw and you are sucking at the tail pipe, too big of an exhaust and you'll have too hard of a time getting the exhaust out, too small of an exhaust and you're not being as efficient as you could. NA with 3" will lose lots of low end tq and probably not gain enough top end power to make it worth it.

·
Registered
631 Posts
MvnSE-R said:
yea becuase I was leaning into FI later on maybe tylers kits or PTI but thats along time down the road so I dont wanan purchase two exhausts you get me? so I might just wait till I get FI to get my cat back.
tylers kit? you mean travis?
it's not a catback setup if its turbo. its a turboback lol. (downpipe, cat/test pipe, midpipe, then your piping to clear the axle/run to your new can.

2.25 is the recommended max for an n/a engine...2.5 if you're gonna run nitrous. 3in is reserved for the boost monkeys, since like pugnex said, you'll lose far more than you'll gain. besides....the exhaust isnt going to do you a whole lot of good without a good header (hotshot)...and that header will be useless if/when you go turbo. if you honestly think you're gonna go turbo, start saving your money, cause a good build will cost $5000+...and any parts you buy now will be useless when you go turbo.

spend the money on a good full coilover suspension setup, Tein SS or JIC FLT-A2's...maybe some new wheels, and some good tires. at least you can keep those when you go turbo

all in all, 3in on an n/a = uncle bens

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.