B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, it seems that I'm ready for the first one. (6000km).

How much liter or pint of oil should my garage put into the engine? (I'M not going to the car dealer)

In the book, it's 2.5 liters??

?????

------------------
Se Red Cajun
5speed
P/P
K'N filter
Racing pedals

·
Registered
119 Posts
I can tell you how many quarts it takes and you can convert over. Fill it with 3.5 quarts. Here's a caution though. Past SR20's have been known not to drain completely on oil changes. They refer to it as the missing oil syndrom. Trust me, I owned a '98 SE-R and this happened to me a lot. Fill it with three quarts and then check it. More than 75% of the time the three quarts filled my '98 up. I don't know if this is an issue on the newer SR20's (my last change took 3.5 quarts on my 2001).

------------------
rschauby

2001 Sentra SE w/PP auto (radium)
1998 SE-R 5spd

·
Al, The Ignorant Fcuk
9,081 Posts
No, its 3.3 L with the filter. You had the wrong engine without the filter change. The oil level may vary when you check it either cold or hot, depending on if the drainback valve in the filter prevents the oil from coming back into the sump. If it holds, the dipstick level will be a little lower. When you stick on a new filter, and put in the 3.3L the oil will be a little higher on the dipstick- above upper line-before you start the car. After car stops wait 10-15 minutres and it should be at the full line. I always take it to the full line.

------------------
Plain Jane Cappuccino SE
with AutoTrans

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.