B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed at American tire centers they handle some of the overseas tire brands. Nanking has a 195/50/16 in a Z rated performance radial tire. Any of you have any experience with the overseas tire brands. The salesman claimed it was a damn good tire. $100.00 each mounted and balanced. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Adios Amigos

G

·
$100 Each?? Damn, thats a fairly pricey tire....even if it is mounted and balanced.

First things first. its the wrong size. a 205/50 16 will be a much closer match to the stock 195/55 16. The tire he is selling you will have a smaller circumference.

Nanking is really an off brand. I'd be weary of spending that kind of money on a tire I know nothing about. Stick with the major brands that have an established reputation. You can get some darn good tires in the 80-100 dollar range.

Shop around. It sounds like this guy may not be giving you the best deal. He certainly doesn't know what size tire is appropriate for the car.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Try dto do some research on www.alltheweb.com. You might find something interesting!

Nanking was a story about a rape in Chinese history... Bizarre. no?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually I made a mistake it is nankank. Quite correct 205/16 would be closer to stock.Six bucks difference per tire.Adios Amigos

1 - 4 of 4 Posts