B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can you fit 18's on the b15 with a 1.5" drop?? I think this is impossible. get back to me

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
I really don't think so I have 17's with a 1.5 drop and it's pretty close...And I think they'll rub also the 17's are pretty close as is....

·
Registered
816 Posts
I think you can fit 18's as long as you get the correct offset (don't ask me what that is cuz I don't know).

For 18" rims, you'd have to get like 215/35 series tires and then you should be fine. Just make sure that you don't go over a 7.5" width on the rims.

·
Bow to your SE GOD
4,702 Posts
Would'nt the circumference of the tire be the determining factor?> A 215/40/18 has virtually the same outer circumference as our stock 195/55/16. (Roughly 1.8 km/hr off at 100 km/hr)

G

·
It should work, as long as you can stay with a 7 inch width. I believe a 7.5" width would rub. You'll have to pay extra close attention to the offset too.

You don't want to go any wider than 215 either. You'll have very limited tire choices at these sizes.

Personally, I think 18's are a problem waiting to happen. With such little sidewall, the rim becomes very susceptible to damage from potholes and curbs. Also, 35 series tires are not known for their ride quality. ;) I guess it would look cool though....if your into that sort of thing.

The Sentra doesn't have very big wheel wells. 16's or 17's fill them out nicely. An 18 might be too big, and look out of proportion with the rest of the car.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
maxximtl said:
It should work, as long as you can stay with a 7 inch width. I believe a 7.5" width would rub. You'll have to pay extra close attention to the offset too.

You don't want to go any wider than 215 either. You'll have very limited tire choices at these sizes.

Personally, I think 18's are a problem waiting to happen. With such little sidewall, the rim becomes very susceptible to damage from potholes and curbs. Also, 35 series tires are not known for their ride quality. ;) I guess it would look cool though....if your into that sort of thing.

The Sentra doesn't have very big wheel wells. 16's or 17's fill them out nicely. An 18 might be too big, and look out of proportion with the rest of the car.
Something to add to what Maxx has stated....... I would also like to state the my 17's come pretty close to the top of the wheel well,,,as you can see from the picture below....and that's with no one sitting in the car,,,now if you start adding people of course the car is gonna be even lowerer...I've had four people in the car and I haven't had any rub but I don't know if with the 18's you will but it's just a thought to ponder over....

·
Vibrant Blue Navy
773 Posts
i have 18"s and they fit...but you guys are right about 35 series tires. i am just getting rid of some 215/40s that rubbed...and they were almost the same size as the 215/45 17s that were stock. they rubbed on the front of the fender and i actually had to get that part of the wheel well folded/rolled in. i now have 215/35s and they fit fine. the ride quality feels better actually...so tire brand and compound material makes a difference too. i also have strong rims so i'm not worried about bending them...knock on wood.

·
★★★★★
8,477 Posts
umm i have 18's and they fit fine with a progress drop (1.5-1.7) on 40 and 35 series tires, no rubbing at all

·
GTi-R #3 has arrived
470 Posts
Absolutly! I had 19's with a 2" drop with Tein Basics coilovers. Never rubbed once!

·
Registered
24 Posts
It's good to hear that 18's don't rub with the car lowered. I just picked up 18" GTR-10s with 215/35/18 Paradas. I'd like to go to a 40 serious, is that possible?

·
GTi-R #3 has arrived
470 Posts
I think so, its really gonna depend on the offset of you rim. If you have the proper offset then the 40's will not rub.

·
Vibrant Blue Navy
773 Posts
i had 40s on and they rubbed...but i think that is due to poor quality control and assurance at nissan. lots of other people's never rubbed. you'd have to try and see.

·
Registered
71 Posts
yup... I have 18's and Im lowered so that my fender is RIGHT over the lip of the tire... I dont know in inches what it is, but I would def. say at least 1.5 inches total. I have Tein SS Coilover kit and 18x7.5 rims with 35 series tires and 45 mm offset. Im selling the rims now to get chrome ones, but I have no problems turning , etc. Check out pics in my sig. link below.

·
SwaggaByLaz®
725 Posts
You guys that are saying you never rubbed should put the offset of your wheels. Thats so important. I got a 18x7.5 with a 40mm offset and I'm not sure if I'll rub or not.

·
Registered
359 Posts
i have 18x7 wheels, and wrapped with 215/40-18 tires... tein basic tampers, lowered 1.5 inches... i've never bottomed out, but I have noticed on that plastic wheelwell liner that it has rubbed... but it's still there. 18's will slow you down alot too, sometimes I wish I just stuck with 16's.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I have 18" RS-GT's with a 45mm offset, 225/40/18 tires, on Nismo suspension. No rubbing issues at all.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts