B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Immature Tough Guy
5,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In case some of you didn't know, I got married two weeks ago, and just yesterday got back into the country. First week was in Maui, and this past week I was in Germany on business. Being the car nut that I am, I wanted to visit some relatives in Leverkusen, 3 hours southeast from Conti hq which is in Hannover. I decided to rent something to play on the autobahn with and went to the German company Sixt this past Friday.

I wanted an entry level 3 series BMW, and was expecting a 318i or maybe even a 320d if I was lucky, which is a diesel engine with unreal amounts of torque. But the friendly counter attendant started off with "entschuldigung" (uh oh) and explained that there were no more cars in my class. Instead, I could be bumped to a higher class at no extra charge. I looked at the keys and it said C180. I was pissed until I got to the car and noticed the words Kompressor on the back. At least it had f/i, but when I sat in it I noticed it had a 4 speed automatic, although it did have sport shift like an Acura automatic.

To get to the end of the story, I was able to take this car up to 155mph on the Autobahn, specifically the A2 running between Dortmund and Hannover around 4am in Sunday morning. It literally took a couple of minutes to get there, with a several types of warning beeps going off around me. The redline was at 6000rpm, and you could really hear the supercharge whine hard as it fed air into the little four banger near top speed. The suspension was amazing, and compensated well for the rather unsporty 195/65R15 touring tires that were outfitted to stock rims.

Total cost for the rental was 90 euros, or $100 for three days. One fill up for gas cost $60 though, and since I had to fill up twice, the gas cost more than the actual rental. That really does keep things in perspective, especially since I can still fill my tank here in NC with 93 for around $20.

·
Registered
806 Posts
What is it about getting married that makes companies send you away....

I just wish I went to Germany...

The 2 weeks after my honeymoon I spent in Detroit....whippee....

·
SOPHROSYNE
2,756 Posts
authobahn is awesome , I got to go 260 km/h in a BMW 540 ,I was little nervous at that speed since I drove like that for about 15 minutes but it's a ride you never forget

·
Own3d! by puddy-tats!
501 Posts
^LoL Congrats on getting married Fury! I think Mike and I should have taken your approach. We couldn't afford any honeymoon b/c of the expense of the wedding. So maybe everyone should ditch the elaborate ceremony and go to Hawaii or to another country to appreciate their automotive machines!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts