B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
2busy4b15/but watch it
11,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
reading jared holsteins article in the new SCC ...im certainly quite baffeled by his heavily modified SR R/R engine that is only capable of 155 hp... has any one else read this article am i missing somethign here?? as far as i know there are several of us here using the 32 bit sr ecu pulling upwards of this in our stock chassis? was this car intentionally under done ??? did i get off at the wrong short bus stop or something???? any one more technical than i want to try to sketch this out for me.. ??

·
Fogey
4,298 Posts
If you knew Jared you would understand. He's a worse monkey than you are Matt.

·
2busy4b15/but watch it
11,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
david said:
If you knew Jared you would understand. He's a worse monkey than you are Matt.
:D

the whole time i was reading last night i was thinking.." thats pretty wild with all the stuff they are doing to this engine. would have assumed at least 180 hp"

hope fully they do something to offset this "horrid beating" to the RR sr20de in SCC. he certainly makes the Roller motor to look like a lame duck..

·
Fogey
4,298 Posts
Also what this article goes to show is how well JWT designs their cams.

If you read at the end, it more goes to show that he should have just kept the motor as is.

·
2busy4b15/but watch it
11,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
david said:
Also what this article goes to show is how well JWT designs their cams.

If you read at the end, it more goes to show that he should have just kept the motor as is.
definately a testament to the cams designs as the gains were pretty good.. i still have to wonder however with the torlene mix and the 11.3 compression if the b13 jwt ecu could even keep up?Im sure it could but im still in awe.

i do like the fact however that they were able to juice the sr up to 7100 er so rpms.. stiffer valvesprings.. mmmmm..

" can, can i, can i please be the next nissan that dynos for SCC" ;)

·
Engi-nerd
2,218 Posts
SR20dee said:
hope fully they do something to offset this "horrid beating" to the RR sr20de in SCC. he certainly makes the Roller motor to look like a lame duck..
Maybe you should write a letter to SCC about your thoughts on this, and see if they'll publish it.;)

·
2busy4b15/but watch it
11,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
""""On behalf of myself and several others at www.b15sentra.net, we would like to congratulate Jared Holstein on some how managing to have the WORST dyno of a Roller Motor SR20DE. This is with the addition of just about every available (and some unavailable) modification the SR20 roller motor has to offer.
i think the biggest thing on our minds is how your engine was only capable of pushing that 155 "monstrous" horsepower while we have had cases of mid 150's with bolt ons and cams?

Definitely not a slam. I just felt that I was missing something from the beginning of this article.

Sincerely,
Matt Davis
Sr20dee
www.b15sentra.net
"""
sent to scc editorial mailbox..

·
2busy4b15/but watch it
11,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
cburwell said:
I was under the impression that full bolt on SE's with and AFR can dyno in the 150WHP range. It seems like the valve springs and retainers were really unneeded, since he made good power with the 6200RPM redline.
6600 redline??

the biggest problem he looked to run into was the amount of top end power.. also figure to run with the pack they stay at the top of thrid most of the race... however.. their is alot of hp missing especially with that little high compression engine ;)

·
2busy4b15/but watch it
11,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
cburwell said:
That's right! I think he would have been better off leaving the redline where it was. With my S3R's the bult of the power feels like it is up top (4000- redline).
damn you ;) get that puppy dyno'd ;)

·
Fogey
4,298 Posts
Want me to give the letters to him personally. I might see him in about another 2 weeks or so. ;)

·
2busy4b15/but watch it
11,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
david said:
Want me to give the letters to him personally. I might see him in about another 2 weeks or so. ;)
hahah..sure if youd like ;) honestly I dont wanna call him out.. i just think that article was a pretty explosive to the the sr20 community...specificly the roller motor owners and dreamers ;) especially followed by the non monkey worked RTR car article.. drool!!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts