B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '06 1.8S with the Rockford Fosgate system. I had the head unit replaced by a shop back in July or August. The HU is a Kenwood KDC-BT568U. I noticed a month or so ago that my rear speakers were not working. The shop told me that it was probably an issue with the factory amp. If this is the case, would I be better off replacing the amp or running the speakers directly from the HU? If this is not the issue, what could the issue be?

·
Super Moderator
8,869 Posts
Could be multiple possibilities. They wired it wrong. The rear speakers are blown.
The factory amp is bad. In theory you can incorporate the factory amp but I don't see a Metra wiring harness on Crutchfield for it so you would probably have to custom wire a harness. At that point might as well just replace the amp and speakers.

http://www.b15sentra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=26615 might have more information.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had the shop look at it after I discovered the problem. I believe the guy used a battery or a magnet to test the speakers, and they responded. He also played around with the RCA connectors from the rear of the aftermarket HU, and could not get anything to come out of them. He suspected the factory amp to be bad. Would it be worth getting an aftermarket amp or trying to find an OEM replacement?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok I’m replacing my h/u and amp but when I got the car it had the OEM plugs cut all I have is a bunch of taped wires does anyone kno what wires are need and the color coding diagram

1 - 4 of 4 Posts