B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i finally ran the 1/4 mile at new england dragway and im curious as to how good or bad my time was? im running just a injen cai and nismo ss and this was the best time i could muster out of 5 runs--------->15.674 and .623 was the best reaction time it got. my question is for a first time ever running a quarter mile how did i do? wheel hop was a mofo and really hurt me so mmi will be purchased before my next trip up!!

·
coming soon
14,392 Posts
uh, sounds like you need practice more than anything. motor mount inserts won't help that much. just get out there and practice practice practice.

mmi don't make a better driver........

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mmi wont help with that nasty wheel hop at the start?

·
Registered
278 Posts
I have heard that the nismo ltb will reduce wheel hop. Which might be better then the mmi becuase you wont have the vibrations.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
can anyone else varify that ltb helping with wheel hop?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Dude, I have run a 15.5 STOCK. I think it's u. But, with practice, u can get that down a bit.

SHIFT_hec
"Chance favors the prepared mind."

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im not saying that its not me i just know that the wheel hop cant help and im trying to figure out how to get rid of that.

·
Registered
121 Posts
man i feel bad listenin to that cuz my car is stock as a rock and my time is slower than shift_hec. im not even going to list it i feel so bad...lol

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah sounds like practice will be neccessary. so did you guys run times like this the first time you ever ran or are these like the best of a years worth of dragging?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
what are you launching and shifting at?

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
First time I ever went to the track I ran 15.3 with cat-back / cai / MMI / SS

I went one other time where it was around 95 degrees with 100% humidity.. the most the car would muster was a 15.4 @ 87.. I also had the stock catback back on.

I have i / h / e / mmi / ss / pulley now... sadly these contis are about to crap out on me completely.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i have a system in the back to weighs about 60lbs you think that took some time off? not looking for excuses just ways to improve on that as well as practice.

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
100lbs = 1/10th of a second

*** edit and I'm 6'2 240lbs :(

·
Registered
121 Posts
man i must really need some practice.. this is unbelievable.. now when yall say stock yall actually mean no performance parts at all added right..lmfao cuz iv seen ppl say yea my car is stock except for catback and intake and ss..

·
I'm with your mom
1,540 Posts
airforcespecv said:
Well i finally ran the 1/4 mile at new england dragway and im curious as to how good or bad my time was? im running just a injen cai and nismo ss and this was the best time i could muster out of 5 runs--------->15.674 and .623 was the best reaction time it got. my question is for a first time ever running a quarter mile how did i do? wheel hop was a mofo and really hurt me so mmi will be purchased before my next trip up!!

did u run w/ that system in ur trunk? i ran a 15.5 stock w/ terrible 2.4 60'
try reving to 2k and feather the clutch out, it's hard to get right so next you need to invest in suspension or motor mounts it will help out a lot
where are u located? and whats ur elevation?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
how bad is it for our cars to run the 1/4 mile? if i plan on practicing i want to know how much damage i will do to my car

1 - 20 of 62 Posts