B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As crazy as it may (or may not) sound to some, I am thinking about putting a header on the rogue. After much searching, it appears the aftermarket header for the 07-12 Sentra 2.5's will bolt right up to the rogue, just as it would for the Senta (and B16 Altima's w/ QR as well IIRC).

So, first problem is that it will bolt up to the midpipe but EVERYTHING else, including the midpipe, back to the muffler is different. So for now I would only be doing the header itself.

My real question is if installing the header by itself would even be worth it. I did measure the stock exhaust tube/piping and it is almost 2 1/2 inches wide (like 2 3/8")....pretty good for stock IMO.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
if youre removing the catted header, it will be worth it. dont forget about the anti-foulers, they still work on 07+

·
Premium Member
4,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if youre removing the catted header, it will be worth it. dont forget about the anti-foulers, they still work on 07+
As you said, I would think removing that precat should free up a little power. I think just doing the ghetto sim on the downstream sensor should do it as far as avoiding codes too.

I gotta say I was a little surprised to find out the sentra header bolts right up to my rogue's midpipe. I was even more surprised to find out that apparently not a single person has done it yet. Crazy.

·
Registered
1 Posts
As you said, I would think removing that precat should free up a little power. I think just doing the ghetto sim on the downstream sensor should do it as far as avoiding codes too.

I gotta say I was a little surprised to find out the sentra header bolts right up to my rogue's midpipe. I was even more surprised to find out that apparently not a single person has done it yet. Crazy.
Did you end up doing this? I have a 2015 Rogue that I want to install the Sentra header into.

·
Premium Member
4,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did you end up doing this? I have a 2015 Rogue that I want to install the Sentra header into.
I didn’t. Please be the one to do it. Then you can tell me what is needed. Lol.

Seriously though, I think about it rather frequently. I would want to change the entire exhaust out, and just like on my Sentra would love a dual loop muffler on the end quieting it down to a nicer tone.

Biggest concern is if the Sentra header bolts right up to the rogue exhaust at the main catalytic convertor. I think the Sentra and the Rogue have different exhaust routing....so the feeling I get is the header and down pipe would work, but then you will need a custom setup for the exhaust for the rest of the length of the car

1 - 5 of 5 Posts