B15 Sentra Forum banner

04 Spec-V's

885 views 28 replies 13 participants last post by  FuLIsh 
#1 ·
Hello everyone. Looking over forums about the spec-v having problems, I am worried about the quality of the car. I have not seen many 04 spec-v owners complaining about problems. Is this because Nissan has improved the quality or because not enough time has elapsed to notice them?

#3 ·
Well I have an 04 spec v 8500 miles, got it in april.
So far here's what has gone wrong:

- Radio replaced (ticking sound every time i put a cd in)
- Door trim around window switches replaced (paint chipping off)
- "Wet Spots" under clear coat (dealer fixed with a heat gun)
- Alignment was bad out of the factory, not a big deal I guess
- Paint chipping on the front from rocks and stuff (Nissan paint sucks as you might know already)
- Rear blackes locking up (not enaugh lube put in factory)

- Engine squaks for about 2 seconds after shut off (supposebly normal)
- clutch squaking/making weird noises at low rpms in 1st, 2nd and reverse (need to take in to dealer this week to get it looked at)
For the last two things check out this thread, I put some stuff up there including the service bulletin from nissan about the squak being normal.

Make your own conclusions... I'm getting a little ticked off because of this stupid shijt breaking. On the bright side, the dealership has been great when it comes to all these problems.

#7 ·
I've had my '04 for one year and put 26,000 miles on it. The only thing that bothers me a little bit is the headlights. It seems like they're starting a haze a little bit. I'm the only one that notices, so I don't really worry about it. Other than that, I have zero problems.

-bryan

#13 ·
hmm why the hell did I think ur name was jpalm... ther is one on the site right??? bah just woke up, anyway yeah... the stock system has to go, I had an alpine HU which helped a bit with the quality, but all in all it needs new speakers all around... I unplugged that 6" sub or wutever that things is because it started rattling... and dont even notice a difference in sound

#18 ·
SE R SpecV OmSi said:
haha yeah thats how i do it ^^^^ i hate how it overheats on long durations of lvl 28 or so, and starts cutting out.. does yours do that?

28!? Holy crap, no wonder it overheats. I start hearing major distortion from most rock music at around 23-24. With most rap I can only take it up to around 21-22, and I have to put the bass at -3. My normal EQ settings are bass -2 and treble +1. I suppose if you have the Rockford package you could probably go higher without distortion?

-bryan

#19 ·
BodeB15 said:
The 04' Spec-V has kinda grown on me . :) The first thing to go though...is the hideous stock wheels , if I were a new 04' owner . ;)
honestly, I like them a lot more than the roman pillar look that the 02/03 has. The 04 wheels look cleaner to me.

#20 ·
SE R SpecV OmSi said:
haha yeah thats how i do it ^^^^ i hate how it overheats on long durations of lvl 28 or so, and starts cutting out.. does yours do that?
buy an eclipse HU, solves all problems with SQ.

#21 ·
yeah 28... i have the treble at +5 and the bass at +2 I get no distortion at all... you try listening to music at 22 going 75mph for 14 hours with the windows down... I dont have RF either... I can go all the way to 31 with no problems its just the overheating factor

*edit* even when I had it set at 0 0 or 0 -3... it didnt matter it still overheated so odnt tell me my settings are to high ;)

#24 ·
heres my rundown or lack there of. Ive had my 'o4 for 9 months and have almost 10000 miles on it. the only problem I had was the tranny was replaced at 2k for a squeaking. ever since then its been pretty much perfect. Love the car to death too

#26 ·
I have an 04' blackout, no mechanical problems or anything...been great so far with 23,000 miles on it. The one thing that happened was my friend turned up my RF stereo too loud and blew the passanger side door speaker, but the dealership replaced it no problem. I love this car. I think it is that it's 3 years in the making and they have worked the bugs out...most brand new cars take a couple years to get the bugs out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.