B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need help you guys. When I cut (or bent, because I didn't have any metal snippers) the hole for the intake to clear the metal, I guess I didn't bend enough. I didn't notice it for a few days, but yesterday I noticed when I took off there was a *clang clang* sound. I thought it might be the intake, so I wrapped a small cloth around the intake where it would meet the metal and I strapped it in with zip ties. Seems to be alright for now. The intake has a little bit of give to it - because it's only held in by the tube and the one bolt (the one with the big hunk of rubber inbetween it). I was thinking about trying to grab some small rubber tubing to line the hole I cut in the metal of the car - so it wouldn't clang so much. Any ideas?

·
Foolishly Impractical
966 Posts
Rubber hose around the sheet metal is what many people have done to stop the metal to metal contact.. in fact the Nismo CAI comes with the tubing. Just find a small rubber tubing 1/2" diameter or so and make a cut along it, then place it on the sheetmetal and secure it in some way (silicone or some other non-corrosive adhesive that isnt too hard to pull off should you need to).

·
Registered
278 Posts
I have that same problem with my aem, i did what you did but it didnt work that long

·
Registered
61 Posts
I used some of that engine dress up vaccuum tubing, worked great, If you can get or borrow someones Dremmel that's what I used to make the hole bigger.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts