B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
think i should get 04 smoked tails for my black sentra or paint my stocks similar to these? both would look equaly good and price isnt really a concern, its what looks better

choices :(

·
Iknowyoulovereadingso..
5,527 Posts
ive been pondering the same issue except i have a third choice, completely red out the se tail lights (turn single red too). i love the way that looks but i still cant find candy apple paint at walmart. they have cherry and every other shade of red except candy apple.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
order it online? might be a bit longer wait then walking into a store and buying it but you may be able to get it cheaper

the only thing i worry about is getting/cutting out a template to make such a design on the taillight. im horrible at doing crafty things like this :)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Those are freakin awesome.

·
STU STi Build Complete
3,212 Posts
I definitely like the red out tails. I have them on my car as well. If Wal-Mart doesn't have the transparent candy apple red, try K-Mart or a local hobby store. Worst case scenario is that you just go ahead and order online. It's like $2 or something.

As far as painting it, just take the taillight off the car, tape it off carefully, and paint. I used 6 coats of paint and 2 coats of clearcoat. Worked out pretty well I think.

·
Registered
133 Posts
FuLIsh said:
^which lights are you referring to?
Sorry, I was referring to the black one. Yours are only mildly awesome. ;)

·
wanna be car guy
542 Posts
piknockout said:
I definitely like the red out tails. I have them on my car as well. If Wal-Mart doesn't have the transparent candy apple red, try K-Mart or a local hobby store. Worst case scenario is that you just go ahead and order online. It's like $2 or something.

As far as painting it, just take the taillight off the car, tape it off carefully, and paint. I used 6 coats of paint and 2 coats of clearcoat. Worked out pretty well I think.
Did you paint inside the housing or outside?

·
Iknowyoulovereadingso..
5,527 Posts
piknockout, when the paint dried, could you see the lines that are tell tale signs that a paint brush was used? thats the only thing im worried about, that the brush lines will show and then it will look crappy. im gonna locate that paint asap. lol

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well i have the same bodykit as the car i posted does. only difference from the back is i have a single outlet exhaust and mines also debagged...and the taillights of course. other then that, can't tell the difference :D

·
STU STi Build Complete
3,212 Posts
FuLIsh said:
piknockout, when the paint dried, could you see the lines that are tell tale signs that a paint brush was used? thats the only thing im worried about, that the brush lines will show and then it will look crappy. im gonna locate that paint asap. lol
No paintbrush is used, it's a spray paint. If you get really close you can tell that they were taped off and painted, but it's hard to really tell.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
SE R SpecV OmSi said:
taleus- I WANT PICS!

sure :) but it might be a while since my car got hit, it goes in on monday so sometime next week ill have pics

right now i have chrome altezza's on and i absolutly cant stand them anymore so my stockers are going to be going back on asap until i either get -4's or paint my stocks

heres a pic i took a few days ago. car is heavily dirty though and im not done grilling the front :)

oh ya, another difference between my car and se-rcket is that he has the invader hood and i have evo

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
hmm, i wonder how much the black houseing headlight would cost, i dont mine the se ones :)

i also regret getting silver rims, wish i would of gone with the gunmetal w/ polished lip :(

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
not as of now. im not going to wash it since it goes in on monday to be fixed and they are going to be washing/waxing it so id just be a waste of time!

ill be posting pics when i get the car back and its clean :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts