B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When I press the gas after waiting for a red light, the engine dies... and I get no response... the car just drifts and the engine light turns on. This sometimes occur when I let go of the gas and let the car cruise down a hill, or wherever, then when i press the gas again the I get no response. When this happens I have to restart the car. It happens about once a week usually sometimes 2x a day. I changed the battery, spark plugs already.. and I would have to spent 80+$ just to have the dealership find out the problem and not fix it. So if anyone have a similar problem and know whats wrong please help
Launch X431 IDiag

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Is the check engine light on? If it is, get the code. It should be free from autozone and the like. Or you can search the forum for the pedal dance and get the code that way. I have a feeling that it's a MAF issue from what you're describing, but to be sure get the code.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had a similar type of problem that ended up being a short in the wiring going to the maf sensor. I spent nearly 200 bucks at the dealership to have them tape up the problem. There was no SES error being thrown so it was my only option. If you have CAI make sure that there is no bare wiring going into your MAF sensor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts